vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: first hide--not

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    You've just been quoted for the newsletter! tehehe
    Which part . . . the part about me being a slacker and not putting out any recent caches?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Wink ok i'll give a preview

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Which part . . . the part about me being a slacker and not putting out any recent caches?
    haha, that might be what the advertisers want, but no. (Good thing we don't have advertisers huh?)

Newsletter preview:
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']--Firefighterjake encourages you to go hide caches, “Bringing folks to a new place that they might never have seen or teaching them about some history or geology is part of the appeal to me, and reading the logs (especially the entertaining ones) can be pretty addictive.” [/FONT]
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Maybe I am just lazy or the fact that I never even considered that someone would log illegitimately.

I think N1WTQ has not logged more caches that he has found then ones which he has logged (online). LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Macmo View Post
    Maybe I am just lazy or the fact that I never even considered that someone would log illegitimately.
    Unfortunately it is true. Humans have a tendency to compete whenever given the chance. And just as you see with sports or any other competition, there is a percentage that feel they have to change the rules to be on top. Of course with geocaching, which has no rules concerning competition, these few will just say they are playing their own way.

I'd much rather see the game stay as a fun activity and keep the competition out of it.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Unfortunately it is true. Humans have a tendency to compete whenever given the chance. And just as you see with sports or any other competition, there is a percentage that feel they have to change the rules to be on top. Of course with geocaching, which has no rules concerning competition, these few will just say they are playing their own way.

I'd much rather see the game stay as a fun activity and keep the competition out of it.
    (In my best Austrian voice) . . . Yah . . . that's why I am taking the steroids . . . it helps me cache better.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

When I first started out I logged into the logbook as "momofals" which I wanted to be my trail name. I had already joined geocaching.com but didn't understand the difference because I hadn't loged on the computer yet. Of the 12 I did before logging only 3 got removed and all by the same owner. No email to me. Just removal.

I don't know if I'm going to do the caches again. I don't care about the numbers but I am a little sad that the owner would remove me off three caches with out saying something. I could have explained. Be new to the sport I didn't figure it out till months later when I was going into that area again and the caches I knew I had done came up without smiley faces.

Quote Originally Posted by ltlindian View Post
    Just an update--I received a note from the Maine Publisher that they didn't realize that it was a virtual cache and they have asked the owner to place a real cache. If they don't, they I can place my cache there! YAY!
    the cache in question has been archived does this allow you to place your cache now? i would pm maine publisher and find out. it would be nice to see a cache back at this place.

Yes--I asked about it last week and they let me relist it. We hid it last Thursday and seeblue was FTF! thanks for asking! BTW I finally found that micro I was having such trouble with at Head Tide. Thank God--I have been able to sleep now!