vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Cache - Parts Pieces - Whole Thing Gone

Angry Stolen Cache - Parts Pieces - Whole Thing Gone

Well, not feeling the need to totally have to tie down a cache in Orrington, I created a rather simple cache called the Historic TB & Geocoin Hotel - Maine Rose Series. It was fashioned similar to a cache I had done in downtown Chattanooga TN.

The one in Chattanooga had metal straps with a screw tightened up and run through the back of the metal box and it was attached it to a lamp post. Since I wasn't placing this in an urban setting and it was not visable from the road, I figured it would be safe to attach this to a 4" x 4" post and that post was in a post holder driven into the ground.

This cache was located slightly into the woods off a non-paved parking area of a building which is visited on occasion. Anyone going to the building would have no interest in the box and in most cases folks would barely notice it. In fact, several cachers had said it took them a minute to get the ah ha moment.

Anyway, the cache was visited by 2 cachers yesterday. By 7 PM this evening it was gone. Not part of it - the whole thing - post holder and all!

I am reporting this to the local police in the morning. I know a lot has been talked about in geocoins missing locally......but has anyone lost a whole cache?

In this case, I believe there was only one TB in the container. It appears all the other coins and bugs had been moved along. I am very sorry for Exotic Pet Man who was the owner of Lucky the TB.

Tomorrow afternoon, I am going to go check my Geocoin Emporium just in case this act was done because of TBs or Geocoins.

The cache was placed with the Landowners permission and they are as upset as I am about this theft. Hopefully, there is not a trend starting here.

That's a Bummer!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

That's disappointing . . . I liked that cache. It was cute. Maybe someone needed the post for "firewood."
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I'd also be upset that being a TB hotel, people were taking TB's and not putting any in it's place. Only one left? Sounds more like a TB Hostel.

Actually I am happy, if it was going to be stolen there was only one bug in it. I reported it to the local police this AM. The answer was, "probably kids"..........and my answer was, "not the point". Since the Historical Society has given permission, I will try to figure out a way to attach the next one to a tree. That is, if, there is a next one.

Do we have a DISGRUNTLED cacher on our hands, stealing coins and caches?

Where the hell is that thing?

LA, I am sorry to hear this. That was such a cute idea. I hope it's not a trend either.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    I'd also be upset that being a TB hotel, people were taking TB's and not putting any in it's place. Only one left? Sounds more like a TB Hostel.

Hmmmm, taking TBs and not leaving one for the next cacher, hmmmm.
    Reminds me of a thread ,several months back , reguarding cachers taking TBs and not leaving one for the next cacher, hmmm, who was that?

LA, so sorry to hear.
    Craftcacher took my Traveling Trout TB, it went 4 miles. They won't email me back and they're a member of GM. They live in Waterville area.
    My Speed Racer TB went to one cache, Horseback, I think, , and the whole cache got muggled then replaced and the owner, who replaced it, didn't notify me it was gone.
    My NICE ONE coin, the first and only coin I released went from, My cache, to a mailbox cache and after months of emailing the retrievers, they say they placed it in EMSDanels cache. NOT There!!!!
    Now it seesms My TRASH TALKING TB, the one that you helprd me with, Hollora, is Missing also.
    I think It's THIEVES!!!!! People who watch the GC site just to find coin caches in there area or near where the go vacationing!!!!and then go out and take the coins and caches that are placed. It seems there are alot in Maine.
    Go read the dead and missing TB forum on GC. One lady found hers being auctioned off on Ebay !!!!!
    Nothing Surprizes me anymore!!!! Seems TB will just be for Discovering from now on!!!!!!

OPALSNS!!!!

Sheesh! Can't believe I'm saying this, but I gotta completely agree with you on this one, Opalsns! LOL!
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 09-17-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Default So Sorry!

Lois, I'm so sorry. That was a great cache and seemed so "permanent". Makes you wonder.....
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows