vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photo Storage???

I download my pictures to a folder on my desk top and when it gets to a certain size then I burn to a DVD. My new Pentax camera automatically puts the pictures in folders by date so when I down load to my computer I just change the date around to 2008_Month Day (with a few words to indicate what is in the folders like Vac pics, Hike pics etc) so that the folders are in order by year and month. I always burn two DVD's and mark one backup and place it in a different place for safe keeping. The DVDs that I use are in little "notebooks" that Walmart sells and I mark the year on them...easy to find pictures!

To bad you won't let your Mom have a computer. An elderly friend of mine bought her first computer two years ago at the age of 84 and she really has enjoyed it and has had no trouble learning her way around the computer.

d’76 Guest

Mom can have a pc if she wants to make the investment but I think that she would be disappointed with all the other expenses that go along with it. Software, internet access and maintance are not a cheap thing and for what she thinks she would use it for just doesnt warrant the expenase.

You can get a bran new Dell with flat screen and everything your mother would need for $489 delivered to her door. Now that cheap. How much money has you mother spent on you in your 32 years you have been around.

The only thing you would have to add to this package is speakers, also a modem if dailup is going to be used.

Inspiron 530= $489
    Intel® Pentium® dual-core processor E2180 (1MB, 2.00GHz, 800FSB)
    Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic Service Pack 1
    17 inch SE178WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
    2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 2DIMMs
    250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
    16X DVD+/-RW Drive
    Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100
    Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Dell USB Keyboard and Dell Optical USB Mouse
    No Floppy Drive Included
    No Modem Option
    Mouse included with Keyboard purchase
    Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 8.1
    Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
    Windows Vista™ Basic
    No Entertainment software pre-installedCompatibility Alert
    Recalculating Price

Software & Accessories
    No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
    McAfee SecurityCenter with anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, 30-Days
    Microsoft Works 9.0
    Blazing Troll

I will never buy another Dell. They ripped me off out of a rebate ("lost" it and then wouldn't accept the photocopy of the UPC code and accompanyng paperwork). I have purchased 3 laptops since Dell kept their $250 rebate and let them know that I didn't even consider their product in my buying decision. Made me feel better
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    I will never buy another Dell. They ripped me off out of a rebate ("lost" it and then wouldn't accept the photocopy of the UPC code and accompanyng paperwork). I have purchased 3 laptops since Dell kept their $250 rebate and let them know that I didn't even consider their product in my buying decision. Made me feel better

Hmmm and to think I was thing about buying a Dell laptop. So what did you go with PJ?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    There used to be a consumer group in Bangor called COMBAT - they have since changed their name and I can't remember for the life of me the new name. But, they would go after things like this for folks - and they were Bulldogs! at it! As a matter of fact, I don't know how long it has been but they might even take it on now.

I have a Dell and have had good luck (this was after 3 other laptops which did not survive my abuse so well). Just hate paying the sales tax now that companies sell them here in Maine LOL.

Regardless of the company you can always get a lemon.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Dell PJ. I own four Dell's and have not had any problems with any of them. As of right now if I were to need another one I would go with Dell again. i have found that all my Dell's have been very reliable and dependable and affordable.
    Blazing Troll

I have never had a problem with the Dell either. It has been a very reliable machine. My issue was with the cheapskates not honoring their rebate. I have bought 3 laptops from lenovo (IBM) and have been very satisfied with their product, price and service and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country