vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Personal Best for One Day (53) and I Hit 200 caches!

Default New Personal Best for One Day (53) and I Hit 200 caches!

I went out to do the NH Railway Progressive Challenge Trail today with Artic Nomad, vacationing in NH from Labrador, Canada. We did 52 of the trail and I caught a nano on the way up to meet with him. I tried to get some more caches on the way home, but I think I got some blisters on the bottom of my feet. I'm gonna feel that tomorrow.

I started the day with 164 finds, so that pushed me over 200. As of this moment, I haven't entered them in yet, but I will shortly. If I don't get them all tonight, it just means that I've fallen asleep, as I've had five hours of sleep last night and five hours the previous night before driving home from Connecticut.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Wow - good going. That is a numbers run for sure. Hopefully you will remember them in the future.

Logging you can always do later. I just had someone log some of my caches they found on 7/31 today.

Cache on - Cache happy!

Definitely a numbers run, and I've got the sore and blistered feet to prove it.

And thanks to the wonders of copy and paste, I was able to enter in all my finds. Artic Nomad will do his later.

I'm just glad that I'm over 200 now. It took me almost five years to get to 100, and now less than four months to get to 200 (this run helped tremendously). I think it'll take a little longer to get to 300, as today was the next to last day of my vacation.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Default A a slow cacher is to be loved....

I have been caching a long time compared to a lot of people in Maine, but I have only 800 caches. It took me 5 years to get this far! Some people get that in a couple of months. I enjoy seeing new places. This weekend I was at Mount Carleton Provincial Park and grabbed three caches in the park. There were a lot more, but I'll save those for when I go back. I don't like to deplete an area of finds. Heck, I don't even have half of them around here yet! Augusta area.

And the best lesson I learned from veteran cachers far to late - don't deplete the caches in your home caching area first. That already having happened ~ I either have to wait for a few and then go get them or go for an FTF.

Other areas that I have cached out - I wait for a few to go up before returning. The Rt. 15 Orland corridor down into Blue Hill, Sedgwick and Stonington is a good example where Ralph and I returned on Sunday to have a lovely day doing 11 caches.

Kacking Karen is alluding to the journey vs the numbers. Her memories, I am sure and know, are priceless. Many of mine too! Thanks to everyone who put out a cache - I have wonderful memories (well, for most of them LOL)!

Red face me too!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Wow - good going. That is a numbers run for sure. Hopefully you will remember them in the future.

Logging you can always do later. I just had someone log some of my caches they found on 7/31 today.

Cache on - Cache happy!
    haha! the day before yesterday I finally remembered to log the caches that we did on that Vinal Haven run we did in July!!

Congrats on the great day of caching, blisters count for "journey memories" too, but I agree with Karen; I've even been known to go to the same cache time and time again; which sometimes has to do with "logging" them since I initally "found" them with Hiram before I had my own caching alias. so maybe that part is about the numbers
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

For those that log late, I was wondering if you change the default date to the actual date you found them? Sometimes I have read 3 DNF's and the last one is a find. I just wonder if the cache is really still there or did the last person find it a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    For those that log late, I was wondering if you change the default date to the actual date you found them? Sometimes I have read 3 DNF's and the last one is a find. I just wonder if the cache is really still there or did the last person find it a month ago.
    I always change the date to the correct one. If fact, I make a point to log them in the exact order I found them. On several days while logging a higher number of caches, which is about 20-25 for me, I missed a log and have had to copy all my logs to notepad, delete those logs, and then re-submit them in their correct order. I guess we all have our quirks, that's mine. Well, of of many...

I have seen logs from others dated a long ways off from the actual find date. When Tat logged Cache Like It's 2001 (GC146JV) by Sudonim (5/5) with a date of Nov 2001, almost 6 years before the cache was placed!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    . . .
    I have seen logs from others dated a long ways off from the actual find date. When Tat logged Cache Like It's 2001 (GC146JV) by Sudonim (5/5) with a date of Nov 2001, almost 6 years before the cache was placed!
    I knew it . . . Tat is a Time Lord. Dr. Tat???
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Change the date to the correct one - log in order too.