View Poll Results: Which would you choose for the newsletter?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • As Is

    9 75.00%
  • Sound the Stories: emphasis on features

    2 16.67%
  • Elevate the Events: increase number of events listed

    0 0%
  • Mark the Media: emphsis on media coverage

    0 0%
  • Heavy on Hot Topics: increase number of hot topics listed

    1 8.33%
  • Other: please indicate by posting a reply or sending PM

    0 0%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 93

Thread: Newsletter Contents

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    . . .
    So my suggestion is to look at our players and spend a little time each month with bio info. By way of example, gob-ler, our caching king here in Maine is not only a techo wizard but a minister, hunter and who knows what else, but certainly an interesting character to whom I think both new and existing members would enjoy learning more about.

    . . .
    I mentioned something similar once before and it was resoundingly shot down.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    . . . I have found comments from Bruce, Dick, Jason, brdad and others to be far more helpful.

    . . .
    Wow . . . I actually helped someone . . . and me . . . with a Magellan!

    On the serious side . . . I am happy to write informative pieces (from my own unique Magellan viewpoint of course), but I need direction . . . I need to know what folks want written . . . what questions do they have.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Dubord, thanks a lot for clarifying! Isn't it funny how the way you type can be totally different than the way someone reads. . . .
    How very true . . . Hiram357 was not at all like I expected.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer, Maine
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I like mentioning milestones because everyone likes having a feeling of accomplishment. But there's no reason to keep mentioning the "big numbers" cachers over and over. Perhaps the Advisory Committee should encourage keeping milestone mentions to a minimum - perhaps at set milestones such as 100, 500, 1000 caches.
    It seems to me that the milestone mentions have gone down over the last couple of years. It may be that a number that sounded huge in 2005 has had dozens of cachers pass it and it doesn't seem like a big deal anymore. (Although to the cacher that just achieved that goal, it may be a very big deal, or just another cool cache.)

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,058

    Default

    Sudonim is correct, and add to that, a few years ago there were only so many other cachers to keep track of. Heck, I used to read every new log for every cache in the state, and it would only take me 5 minutes most days! Now I scan through the email titles of the caches on my watch and notify lists, maybe opening one or two of them and it takes me over 15 minutes.

    And yet, it still takes me two hours to watch 60 minutes...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

    "The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    And yet, it still takes me two hours to watch 60 minutes...
    Sheesh! That's because you don't have TIVO! I bet if you had one, you could watch it in an hour!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    And yet, it still takes me two hours to watch 60 minutes...
    Sheesh! That's because you don't have TIVO! I bet if you had one, you could skip all the commercials (which you are probably watching twice now), and get through it in an hour!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Eeeeek! Why are there two messages? I only posted once...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Eeeeek! Why are there two messages? I only posted once...
    Because it takes you two posts to get your point across? Oh wait, that's not right. You usually get your point across in the first sentence!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

    "The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Because it takes you two posts to get your point across? Oh wait, that's not right. You usually get your point across in the first sentence!
    >>>>>><<<<<<

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •