vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help for Intro workshop

Hybrid View

Default Need help for Intro workshop

My organization is hosting an intro to GPS workshop on October 4th from 9-12 & presented by the Maine Forest Service.Pre registration is required & it's $10 per person. The indoor portion will be held at the Alfred Town Hall followed by an outdoor session on the Sid Emery Demo Forest a couple miles away in Lyman (Brock road).
    I am also looking for an experienced Geocacher or 2 willing to give an overview of the sport, etiquite, etc for beginners. I would like this to follow our morning workshop (with a lunch break) & start at 1pm, lasting for about 1 1/2 hours. If anyone is available & interested please email me or call my office at 207-324-0888 ext 214
    Thanks!
    Melissa
    York County Soil & Water Cons. District

This sounds like a great idea, and I know our members will support it. It's a little too far for us, though.

Hopefully this can be done in other parts of Maine as well.

To far for me too and something is already booked for that weekend. Sounds like a worthy endeavor.

Cache Maine and I did a similar presentation at the Orrington Public Library this winter. They had wonderful door prizes including a mystery book with a Geocaching tread donated by the author. Got a couple of families hooked.

These presentations are very worthwhile.

A little too far for me or I'd go. I helped the Forest Service in their class last year here.

I may be able to do something. I just have to check my calendar and see how many new caches are being published that day.

I'll check!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Question find someone yet?

How's the search going?
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

I'm kind of curious about the name . . . Husky Power in terms of dogsledding with Huskies? Husky power in terms of Husquvarna chainsaws?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default sorry.....

My work schedule has just been posted and I will have to work that day. I was looking forward to meeting you, and introducing geocaching to a new area. Hope all goes well.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I am planning on going and doing what needs to be done. Have exchanged emails and it looks like it is a good date for me.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    I am planning on going and doing what needs to be done. Have exchanged emails and it looks like it is a good date for me.
    I need to get your GPS units to you! I did a geocaching workshop in Nova Scotia this summer. It was a lot of fun. I can give you my outline if you wish.
    My weekends are pretty full, so I can't be there. Let me know how else I can help.