vb:literal>

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Why Do You Attend? ~ or ~ Why Do You Not Attend?

Oh the Air show - I know a couple of other cachers who will be there. Steve McCausland of Maine SP posted to our group the following:
    "Since this is the last time the Blue Angels in appear in Maine, here are two great vantage spots to watch the show without going on the Navy Base. If you want to spend the day on the base it is well worth it, but the traffic to and from is huge. Although the times of the flights are not announced, typically the Blues are the last event of the day, Saturday from 3 to 4 PM and Sunday from 2:30 to 3:30 PM. If you have never seen the show, drive to Brunswick-Topsham Saturday or Sunday to view it. Sunday is likely to be the better of the two days for weather. As a long time Brunswick resident, here is where I've watched them in the past---
    1 -- Park at the end of Water Street in Brunswick and walk along the the bike path . Water Street is off Mason Street, which is the first left after driving across the bridge into downtown Brunswick.
    2-- Park at the Topsham Fairgrounds on Elm Street and watch the show from there. The fairgrounds on Elm St. is a left hand turn from a traffic light on Main St., Topsham, just after the Dairy Queen.
    Both locations are also an easy walk to the new Merrymeeting Bridge between Topsham and Brunswick, which has a very wide sidewalk and a great vista for the show.
    Also for those who may know their way around Brunswick, the new Mere Point Road Boat Launch would also be a unique place to watch the show. Mere Point Road is about a mile past Bowdoin College on Maine Street. The new boat launch, which opened last month, is about seven miles down Mere Point Road. ENJOY !"

Is there a cache at the boat launch yet?? LOL

My sister lives in Topsham and they watch the show every year from Foreside Road. A great farmer whose last name is Hunt I believe lets people set up their chairs on his front lawn. The lawn is all clipped down to the river and you can see the planes take off from the Air Station.

We've done the going on the base before and it is worth it once but not this year. We'll watch it with my sisters family in Topsham on Saturday.

Everyone enjoy............and for those of us up here around Bangor - our very best to you.

Cool well attended events

I just thought it'd be good to post that the Last Cache Bashe of the Summer and the Apres events were well attended by new and old faces!! Both were great! I don't know if the first event had a record attendence, but I think the Apres event did...? Either way, both were a lot of fun! Thanks Mainiac and Hollora for hosting!!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    I just thought it'd be good to post that the Last Cache Bashe of the Summer and the Apres events were well attended by new and old faces!! Both were great! I don't know if the first event had a record attendence, but I think the Apres event did...? Either way, both were a lot of fun! Thanks Mainiac and Hollora for hosting!!
    And let's not forget the Apres Apres Helping Jake Move His Wicked Heavy Stove Event which was well attended . . . well at least well attended by Hiram and Medawisla and a few of Jake's family members and friends.

P.S. Thanks for the help Steph . . . it was good of you to bring Hiram along. Actually, in all seriousness, thanks for coming down to help guys. I really appreciated it.

P.S.S. Hiram . . . just for the record . . . you can do anything you want with those tomatoes . . . they're really for you guys.

P.S.S.S. Don't forget to contact me with times and places to meet up for this weekend's event . . . I have a little bit of wood if you need some for a campfire . . . and I also have a portable GPSr.

P.S.S.S.S. Just for the record, you guys are camping for the Commonground Fair, right?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Steph, for the record - this year's Apres event had 44 attendees and last years was 53 but.......I know the weather discouraged a lot of folks. This year the campers were hearty folks - we had 8 tents (more than last year) and 10 people who stayed over. A whole table full played Yatzee in the rain under the EzEUp until after 12 MN!

Some of them even went in the pouring rain and did the GeoZoo night cache. They came back looking like they had a swim in the Penobscot! But everyone was laughing. Kaching Karen's boots were the hit of the party too!

One EzEUp lost it's strength and collapsed......but it was older. One other - the top came off. In the morning, Brad (Mainiac1957) helped get everything back together, picked up and wiped down - breakfast was served promptly, as promised at 7AM. A few folks who didn't camp joined us for breakfast too.

It sounds like everyone had a good time. I enjoy doing it and hope all is so I can again next year.
    Last edited by hollora; 09-08-2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: punctuation