vb:literal>

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Attend? ~ or ~ Why Do You Not Attend?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Gotta love winter caching in Maine! LOL!
    Last year after the event we all went caching in Oakland. Everyone who was there that day can attest to this being all that winter camping should be. I think we all have memories of that day that will last a lifetime. Tat losing his ski into the Mesalonski Stream, Nikki chopping out frozen caches with an ice ax, Stef sitting on the cache we were looking for are images I will never forget.

And how about the year before when we went to Etna Bog.

That was another memorable experience!

Yes I like winter caching in Maine.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Default memories......

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post

I'll never forget that day. The sky was so blue and the snow so white. Trying to find the parking. And everyone lined up to sign the cache, and then the group picture. Ahhhh..........the memories.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Right you are Sabby. Those of us there that day will never forget all the fun we had. Group geocaching is the best geocaching.

Sheesh! Etna Bog! When RULOST2? and I did that one, I'll have to admit that it was the first time I didn't believe Garmin, and swore that the car was in the opposite direction! LOL!

(Garmin was right, as usual...)

Default Events are scary to introverts

It sounds like we should have an event for those of us that have a hard time at events. I like an event where I am not just sitting around talking but can get some caching in while not missing out on the event. The summer is jam packed full so we usually only attend events before June or after Labor Day.

We did get to the pig/turkey roast this year.

With three kids one in High School one in Jr High and a 3rd grader. I am busy all the time. I have not gotten to cache as much this summer as last.

I need to learn how to camp to really enjoy some of these events.

The other thing that holds me back is that it is only my son and me who are truly into geocaching. My husband and daughters roll their eyes when I make them stop for a cache. (they almost always enjoy the hike, but they're teenagers and must complain. My husband has no excuse)

I hope to se any of you at an event and if I don't say hi just know that I am introverted. It is really hard to meet new people.

Talking OK Balinda....no excuse

It's after Labor Day and the fifth Cache Bashe is only 2 days away. You coming or what??
    Happy Trails!

I think we spoke at the Slipping event. What are you talking about introverted (shy), I just did not see that in you. Just come, hang out......or just say hi, sign the log and leave. Events are sort of anything goes.

Surely, I do know the kids and hubbie thing. You just go with the flow and bring them along when you can. Hope we see you at one of the events up here but will understand if it doesn't happen.

I had not camped in years before I started caching - it renewed old memories and skills and it was wonderful to have experienced mentors to help. I felt like part of a big family.

Hope to see you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by balinda View Post
    . . . My husband has no excuse)

. . .
    Sure he does . . . he's a guy . . . what other excuse do us males need?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default ok I have an excuse for this weekend

I live in Brunswick. My son is into planes. He thinks he is going to be a pilot someday. The Great American Airshow is at Brunswick Naval Airstation this weekend. The Blue Angels have been practicing over our heads for the last two days.

If that isn't enough I committed to a Democratic Country Fair and bought a square in the donkey drop.

Luckily both these things are in Brunswick and my family will enjoy going to all these things.

I am thinking about sneaking away and driving north just to sign in and get a smilie but I don't know if my frugal mind will let me.