vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mt. Kineo

Hybrid View

d’76 Guest

Default Mt. Kineo

Today we took the excursion across Moosehead and up Kineo. I realized that I didnt have the cache in my gps but new there was a cache up there. I found it with out coords, it took a bit of looking and with time I found it. It was a coffee can with a note book and no trade items with no info in the can about the cache number or the name. It just referanced gc.com. It would be awesome if someone could give me that number. I looked everywhere and I cant find it. Please help me because the last time was in 06.

Help me please.

Buy the way it was awesome. Really worth the effort. It was steep and it was muddy but the veiws where breath taking.

We were talking about this cache the other day and I was going to check on it's state but forgot. So, I looked it up - the cache has been archived, but you found it anyway! Too bad we didn't check ahead of time, you could have trashed it out.

Mt. Kineo (GCGBRN) by The Musser Family (1/4)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    We were talking about this cache the other day and I was going to check on it's state but forgot. So, I looked it up - the cache has been archived, but you found it anyway! Too bad we didn't check ahead of time, you could have trashed it out.

Mt. Kineo (GCGBRN) by The Musser Family (1/4)
    The cache description that I found doesnt match the container that I found. The container I found was a coffee can with just a log book in it. It only had one siginiture in it from 06. The container was in great shape as coffee cans go and the log book was dry.

Go figure. Looks like a cache investigation is in order

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    The cache description that I found doesnt match the container that I found. The container I found was a coffee can with just a log book in it. It only had one siginiture in it from 06. The container was in great shape as coffee cans go and the log book was dry.

Go figure. Looks like a cache investigation is in order
    if the log was from '06 that couldn't have been it, there's logs on that cache well through '07.... Maybe someone couldn't find a cache so they hid their own so they could log it....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Do you have the name of the signature?

Any other marks or anything?

Could be a letterbox, perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    if the log was from '06 that couldn't have been it, there's logs on that cache well through '07.... Maybe someone couldn't find a cache so they hid their own so they could log it....
    Oh come on, no one would do that!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    That's just crazy talk.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

d’76 Guest

I know it was a red coffee can and all the previous finder did was sign there name. I cant remember who they where. I dont think they where a real active cacher. I havent heard it mentioned anywhere else.

I was looking through the previous logs online and I saw pictures of the orginal cache and I am wondering if someone tok it upon themselves to replace the log and container and not say anything.

Maybe it was just a coffee can after all. Doesn't GC.com stand for ground coffee? The notebook was probably a shopping list to buy more coffee.

Did you find it in the location described on that cache page? A letterbox should have had a stamp......

Ohhhh, we have a mystery!

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Did you find it in the location described on that cache page? A letterbox should have had a stamp......

Ohhhh, we have a mystery!

It was not a letterbox (I dont think), it has something like "for more info contact Geocaching.com"

Not sure if it was a letterbox that it would say that.???

I wonder if our great Maine approver could help solve the mystery with maybe some looking into caches that may have been placed but not approved then left there as geotrash...... Cough Cough Tom is that possible to find out.

I am wondering at this point if the cache was placed then the approver told them it was to close to another cache then left there.