vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mt. Kineo

Dave,
    Check on that Navicache.com site, it may be listed there.
    Opalsns

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    It was not a letterbox (I dont think), it has something like "for more info contact Geocaching.com"

Not sure if it was a letterbox that it would say that.???

I wonder if our great Maine approver could help solve the mystery with maybe some looking into caches that may have been placed but not approved then left there as geotrash...... Cough Cough Tom is that possible to find out.

I am wondering at this point if the cache was placed then the approver told them it was to close to another cache then left there.
    Oh yes, I missed the point about contact Geocaching.......you are right - couldn't be a letterbox . An excellent point it could have been placed, never approved and/or picked up.

Default a hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Oh yes, I missed the point about contact Geocaching.......you are right - couldn't be a letterbox . An excellent point it could have been placed, never approved and/or picked up.
    It could have been a letter-box hybrid. But would still have contained a stamp, and stamp pad.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    It could have been a letter-box hybrid. But would still have contained a stamp, and stamp pad.
    Can you tell I am tired today? You are right on that one too - jeeshh and I have a hybrid out.

d’76 Guest

No stamp or pad

Well Luke and I kayak out to Kineo today. Then we kayak around Kineo. Then we climbed Kineo. But we never did look for the cache that you found. The mountain is always worth the effort it takes to do it. Today was just perfect for kayaking, and only slightly to hot for hiking.

d’76 Guest

So after exchanging some emails with a few trustee cachers and after a moral battle i gave in to the right thing to do. I beleive that the cache log that i signed was infact for a cache that was not Mt. Kineo. Its unfortunate because we worked really hard to get up the hill but i guess its not about the numbers. So this morning at 8:06 I deleted my found log. So knowing that there is no caches up there right now that are published I could see one of our very own owning one up there.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    So after exchanging some emails with a few trustee cachers and after a moral battle i gave in to the right thing to do. I beleive that the cache log that i signed was infact for a cache that was not Mt. Kineo. Its unfortunate because we worked really hard to get up the hill but i guess its not about the numbers. So this morning at 8:06 I deleted my found log. So knowing that there is no caches up there right now that are published I could see one of our very own owning one up there.
    I agree, if I couldn't prove to myself it was the right cache, either by name or description/hint or by some contents that matched the online logs, I would not log it either.

Hopefully if someone hides one up there, they will trash out this one. It would be interesting to know who logged it.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Thumbs up group effort....

How about getting a small group together, paddle to the island, hike the mountain and place a new cache? I'd be up for something like this if I have the time off.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

How about getting a small group together, paddle to the island, hike the mountain and place a new cache? I'd be up for something like this if I have the time off.
    Sounds like a job for the Rescue Rangers . . . (cue heroic sounding music).
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."