vb:literal>

Thread: GPSr Class

d’76 Guest

Thumbs up GPSr Class

Hi all,

Just got off the phone with Dave Georgia, He's our local game warden. He said that the animal parts that where dumped on the Tannery Rd. is not against the law just that it gives sportsmen a bad rap.

On to the more pleasent stuff.

I was at the difw web site today and on May 7th Randy McEwen is giving a GPSr and nav class. I don't know all the details but I think Dave Georgia did say that it is usually a 100 $ class and this one is free.

I know Randy and hes a great guy so this would be a great chance to get the kids involved

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Hi all,

Just got off the phone with Dave Georgia, He's our local game warden. He said that the animal parts that where dumped on the Tannery Rd. is not against the law just that it gives sportsmen a bad rap.

Here is the law, and it is in the hunting law book also.

http://janus.state.me.us/legis/statu...2sec11221.html

Red face Goodness!

Thanks for sharing that Pooh. Seemed like it would not be allowed. Sounds like the local game warden needs to review his materials!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Thanks for sharing that Pooh. Seemed like it would not be allowed. Sounds like the local game warden needs to review his materials!
    No - the warden was right depending on how he looked at the remains.

Read the law where it says: "except waste parts or remains resulting from the normal field dressing of lawfully harvested wild game". Beaver parts sounds like "waste parts or remains resulting from the normal field dressing of lawfully harvested wild game", not the discarded remains of poaching or random slaughter.

Now a deer carcass at this time woould probably be something different.

(But the person certainly could have been a heck of a lot more discrete about where he dumped the stuff in any case.)

Wouldn't "normal field dressing" be in closer proximity to the catch rather than on the side of the road? Either way, I agree - more discrete would have been better.
    Last edited by Beach Comber; 04-10-2005 at 10:24 AM.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Any updates on the class yet?

d’76 Guest

Default update

Does anyone know Randy McEwen, I saw his name in a log at Having Abol Cache Saturday. So he is a fellow cacher. I wonder if he would have more details. The state web page is to confusing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Wouldn't "normal field dressing" be in closer proximity to the catch rather than on the side of the road? Either way, I agree - more discrete would have been better.
    Again,we're talking beaver, which is a lot different than der/bear/moose. Anything trapped is going to be frozen, so he probably took it home to skin (think that's all they want - although beaver tail is supposed to be good, I haven't heard of anyone bragging about beaver tail soup lately.)

Which means that he's probably going to haul the refuse off somewhere, since he doesn't want the coyotes hanging around his house.

Again, it all boils down to dumping parts where it was convenient, not where it was appropriate.

It isn't WHAT he did, but WHERE he did it.

IMHO, (as usual).