vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 folk festival

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    SO whos coming to the folk festival. Connie and I will be there tonight and tomorrow. Do I hear the beer tent calling our names??
    RULOST2? and I are caching in New Jersey this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    Folk Festival? We're moving Kim to Old Town tomorrow and will be in the area. What's the deal?
    Big weekend in Bangor - http://www.americanfolkfestival.com/

Come and enjoy! It's free - but donate to the bucket brigade/buy some food!

Thumbs up The American Folk Festival on the Bangor Waterfront

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    We'll pass on tonight, but see you tomorrow near the beer tent or greek vender...i gotta find out what's playing where, 'cause i do want to hear some music too!
    We don't have a personal cell, but we'll be in contact through Brad's
    Kathie and I had the Greek food tonight. It was great! Spanikopita, A huge gyro wrap, Baklava, and a fresh squeezed lemonade for 14 bucks. A good deal at festival prices. We were there for kick off and saw J.P. Cormier. I will see him again, fantastic artist. See some of you tomorrow......
    Happy Trails!

Busy weekend for me unfortunately . . . splitting firewood, building a hearth and doing who knows what else . . . Fall comes too early this time of year.

The good news . . . I did help inspect the Folk Festival so you folks should be safe. Well, maybe not so safe next to the one vendor who had issues with his gas-fired fryolator and was asking me if I knew anything about how to fix it.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Kathie and I had the Greek food tonight. It was great! Spanikopita, A huge gyro wrap, Baklava, and a fresh squeezed lemonade for 14 bucks. A good deal at festival prices. We were there for kick off and saw J.P. Cormier. I will see him again, fantastic artist. See some of you tomorrow......
    I love Greek food! We're going to have to make an effort to make this festival next year. Sheesh! I remember that when we left Turkey in 1986, we were buying Baklava for $1 a KILO (2.2 pounds!)

Thumbs up yummy yummy

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I love Greek food! We're going to have to make an effort to make this festival next year. Sheesh! I remember that when we left Turkey in 1986, we were buying Baklava for $1 a KILO (2.2 pounds!)
    Wow! and the Baklava was to die for! not dry at all! It was a great weekend. (other than the sun, which I had an issue about b/c of antibiotics I'm on) we had a great time! I hope you caching weekend went well too!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Thumbs up The Festival was great

I was there for parts of all three days. Saw some really good acts and had some good food. The crowds wern't too bad for the most part, but busy non the less. Got to run into quite a few people I knew which I always find interesting.
    Happy Trails!