vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VicBiker Hits 1,000 Finds

Hey by the way Qurious, love the play on your name for your GC name.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirious View Post
    Congrats Vic - I've gotten so excited over my first 2 finds, can't imagine how 1000 feels!!!
    Exactly the same.

Congrats Vic - I've gotten so excited over my first 2 finds, can't imagine how 1000 feels!!!
    In my own opinion . . . there's no feeling that can quite compare to the very first found cache. Honestly, I can't remember any of my milestone caches . . . but I'll always remember that first one.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Wink FFJ caught again!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    In my own opinion . . . there's no feeling that can quite compare to the very first found cache. Honestly, I can't remember any of my milestone caches . . . but I'll always remember that first one.
    haha! you posted in a milestone thread!!!

btw, congrats Vic!!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Hey by the way Qurious, love the play on your name for your GC name.
    Thanks - I have always had a hard time thinking up user names. Reworking our last name into something that fits into geocaching was just fun. Then I shamelessly used my husbands truck for the avatar - anyone who drives around Maine has a pretty good chance of spotting it - sort of a moving benchmark... It might take a while but I will get the whole family excited about this - made them go with me to 2 caches this evening. They wouldn't admit it but I think they were impressed with how they were hidden. Good stuff.

Thanks - I have always had a hard time thinking up user names. Reworking our last name into something that fits into geocaching was just fun. Then I shamelessly used my husbands truck for the avatar - anyone who drives around Maine has a pretty good chance of spotting it - sort of a moving benchmark... It might take a while but I will get the whole family excited about this - made them go with me to 2 caches this evening. They wouldn't admit it but I think they were impressed with how they were hidden. Good stuff.
    And isn't how your name evolved interesting as that is how hollora came to be......only as a kennel name. Last name, first names, anagrams and hollora evolved. Worked for a kennel and showing dogs, why not for other things.

Welcome - enjoy - Cache On - Cache Happy!

Default Vic hits 1000!

Hey, he did Post!!!! Didn't hurt a bit did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post

btw, congrats Vic!!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post

btw, congrats Vic!!
    D'oh!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

I like the flame paint job on the truck . . . however if you want I can make it look really good . . . life-like and realistic if you want . . . of course you and your husband probably wouldn't appreciate my handiwork afterwards.

On the serious side . . . assuming you're an independent trucker . . . and if so . . . my thoughts are with you . . . since I know the price of diesel is a killer for independent truckers right now. I can control the cost of my heating oil usage by going to wood . . . and I can control the cost of my gasoline usage by limiting trips and using my car vs. the 4Runner . . . but truckers don't have those options (assuming your truck doesn't run on firewood or nuclear energy. )

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Hey, he did Post!!!! Didn't hurt a bit did it?
    Actually I have a stomach ache right now . . . but that may be due to the fact that my bowels are irritated.