vb:literal>

Thread: Merging Tracks in MapSource

Default Merging Tracks in MapSource

I'm a little stimied by a task I'm trying to complete in mapsource. I've recently downloaded gpx files for all of the trails in Acadia. Trouble is that 1 trail might consist of a number of tracks. It would seem that I only have space for 16 saved tracks on my Legend Hcx. Does anyone have some instructional words on how to merge these multiple tracks into 1?
    http://slimcache.blogspot.com
    SlimCache - My journey to become a healthier person through geocaching.

Are the individual tracks end to end or do they branch out? if they are end to end they can be copied and pasted together inside Mapsource. I'm not sure about branches in Mapsource, though I know it can be done with some software, I can do it with OziExplorer.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I don't remember the name of the program that I use right off, but it wasn't a 1 click fix. Have to download all the tracks, merge them and then upload the to the GPS as an active track and then save the file on the GPS. Then finally download the file from the GPS as 1 file.

Here is the file. I've got others that are much in the same shape, extemely fragmented. This is a file of all the National Park Service maintained trails of Acadia. It is fragmented into 453(!) different tracks. Many of the tracks only contain 2 or 3 points. Please help. This fries my brain.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    http://slimcache.blogspot.com
    SlimCache - My journey to become a healthier person through geocaching.

Default Mapsource

In Mapsource you can access the tracks with the menu on the left side of the screen. Highlight the tracks you want to join and right click the mouse. " join selected tracks " is the line that you need to click on. The tracks will merge into one. CAUTION!! If the tracks are seperated by any great distance Mapsource will draw a straight line to connect. The length you get then will be skewed. I usually delete the tracks with less than 5 points and then join the rest. It's wicked easy this way.........

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER TO RENAME THE TRACKS YOU SAVE.

Leaving them as track 001 will cause you to overwrite it the next time you download tracks to Mapsource.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Wow! I can see why you have a problem! What a mess of spaghetti!

I don't have a new enough version of Mapsource to open gpx files, but I figured how to do it manually. So if Team2hunts method doesn't work, I can explain.

Also, looking at the file I see it was created with ExpertGPS. You can use the free version, EasyGPS, to view the individual track names and details.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."