vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: History in the making

Now McCain picks a female running mate. I think he sealed his faith. Sorry. I will let this thread rest.
    Blazing Troll

History happens just after it happens, no matter what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    WRW Chose to get SET OFF .... at me. Not You. Nothing New. He's a self proclaimed Curmudgeon but he loves me. I'm like the Proffesser Moriaty to his Sherlock Holmes.

I hope The next President makes History by getting this country out of it's recession!!
    Opalsns
    Sorry - I intended nothing personal. As you are a relative newcomer, you'd have been unaware that I have a history of requesting that these forums remain unpolitical - long before you arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by team moxiepup View Post
    History happens just after it happens, no matter what happens

TOUCHE'

Now if only we would actually learn from history...

true true
    Last edited by team moxiepup; 08-30-2008 at 10:03 PM. Reason: typo

I agree with all of the above. And now that we have the female card added to the fray with McCain's pick I can say this: I've lived long enough to see a man on the moon, to see the Red Sox win the World Series, the Patriots win the Super Bowl, and now a truly historic presidential race. With geocaching added to my life, how heady can this be?

You know, my grandmother was born in 1900 and she used to tell me how lucky she had been. She saw one brother born in the living room and another brother die on the kitchen table while being operated on for a ruptured appendix. She went from horse and buckboard for daily transportation to see her father own the first "automobile" in Somerset County. From no electricity to an electrified house. She saw the newspaper stories about the Wright Brothers (man can fly!) and watched on television as Neil Armstrong placed his foot on the moon. She worked for years at Lakewood Theater and, at 5'1", she supported a 6'2" very intoxicated Vincent Price back to his cabin. When she got him to his door, (her name was Gladys) Vincent Price announced that instead of calling her glad-ass, from now on he would call her "happy-bottom"...and from then on he did.

Vic is absolutely correct.....these are historic times. No matter the outcome, revel in the fact that you were there. And be content to remember. Happy caching everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    I didn't write it as well as I should have, you didn't read as well as you could have, not a big deal. But thanks Opalsns for your acknowledgment, and I will try to do better in the future. Maybe have Jake proof read all my post.
    HeHe . . . you really wouldn't want me to do that Vic. See example below.

---

I didn't write it as gooder as I maybe kind of sort of could have, you didn't reed as gooder as you could uv or should uv . . . deal or no deal. But thanks Opalsns for your aknologment end I will try my bestest to do betterer in the future. Maybe I should pay the Wonderfully-Smart-and-Dashingly-Handsome Jake to check over my posts in the future.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."