vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our first 100

Thumbs up Our first 100

We hit #100 while caching down in Pemaquid today. Our next big step will be placing a cache.

Congrats on your first 100. This sport can really grab you, can't it? And it's also nice that you are considering placing your first cache. That makes it fun for everyone else. Have fun with that, choose a good spot, and make sure the cache is actually placed before you submit the info to be published. If everything is in order, you'll be surprised at how fast MainePublisher will get it online. And then.....have fun as cachers start to log their finds of your new cache!

Hey - good going and on to many more fun finds. It always feels good to give back and that is how it is with placing a cache. Dan has outlined a lot. Cache On - Cache Happy!

Default First 100

Well done! When I hit 100 Haffy added a congrats and said "Addicting, isn't it?" No truer words have been spoken! Pick a nice spot for your first cache and it will be visited often. Remember that it will be your responsibility to maintain the cache (replacement logs, responding to requests for hints, etc. but that's all part of the fun too!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Congratulations on hitting that first milestone!
    Any day caching is a good day.

I hit my first 100 August 2nd after a little over a year of caching. I hit #150 today, a month later. I also put out 4 caches this summer and I am planning to put one more out tonight. It's a blast to get the emails and see who visits. Our goal for the end of summer is 200+. #100 is a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to #200. Congrats and happy caching!!!

Congratulations on your milestone and nice to see you are putting out a cache for the rest of us to find. I love to hide caches in locations that I know and others may not know about. Only problem with this approach is we're running out of scenic locations that haven't already had a cache place there. Or the location is to far from the beaten path so no one ever does the cache. I have quite a few of these already that haven't been done yet this year. Gas prices have a lot to do with this ....no one wants to drive miles into the woods to find only one cache....the times they are a changing.

Default A Milestone!

Nice job and let's hope you continue enjoy caching throughout the years.

Quote Originally Posted by cachecrashers4 View Post
    We hit #100 while caching down in Pemaquid today. Our next big step will be placing a cache.
    While it's fun to find caches, sometimes hiding a cache and then reading the logs from the various cachers can be as much fun if not more fun . . . plus the way I look at it hiding a cache is one way to "give back" to the other geocachers (after all if everyone just looked for caches and didn't hide caches pretty soon this hobby would be pretty dull.)

P.S. I like the fact that you waited . . . one newbie mistake is to find a couple of caches and then hide a cache. Waiting a bit to see how caches are hid, what people use for containers, what folks use for swag, etc. definitely helps as it gives the cacher an idea of what works and what doesn't work.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    . . . I love to hide caches in locations that I know and others may not know about. Only problem with this approach is we're running out of scenic locations that haven't already had a cache place there. . ..
    You know Vic I sometimes think to myself "Well there can't be that many more places in this town to hide a cache" and then lo and behold someone will surprise me with a hide . . . or two . . . or three (and we're not talking LPCs and GRCs here -- I mean some really nice scenic or historical places). Sometimes in my own backyard so to speak (i.e. Medawisla's Will Scarlett cache -- never knew the history of the place or even noticed it even though I've driven by there hundreds if not thousands of times in my lifetime). Of course, this doesn't help a person hoping to put out a hide if they don't know (or notice) these places.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."