vb:literal>

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What Is Up With The Missing G-coins?

FFJ, sounds to me like your either making excuses or going for a cover up. Which is it?

The fact is you can no longer say that you don't cause you have! Now, when am I going to get to finally meet you?
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    FFJ, sounds to me like your either making excuses or going for a cover up. Which is it?

The fact is you can no longer say that you don't cause you have! Now, when am I going to get to finally meet you?
    I'll choose B . . . cover-up.

As for your second question . . . you never know . . . probably someday, somewhere on a trail we'll meet -- I'll be the one avoiding eye contact and will be mumbling a quick "hello" before you can ask any questions.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Hummmmmmm, I suspected as much.

On the trail????? I may have to haul my ATV that way and do some trail caches!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Lightbulb I have an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post

Show up at the Tread Lightly event next weekend and you will see and meet Jake. As long as you approach slowly it won't spook him.
    Happy Trails!

Firefighter, if you don't mind, I am curious as may be some others, why you don't attend events. I myself haven't had anyone visit my house in over a year (except the electric meter person), I didn't go to my family reunion and haven't for 20 years, didn't get together on fathers day with the rest of my family, didn't go to my nieces wedding last weekend, don't go to anyone's funeral, and numerous other examples. Yet I made it to the Pirate Event, last years Apres bashe, Delormes CITO, the Bangor Flash event, and more. Do you have a secret that I don't know about and I really shouldn't attend caching events?

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    Firefighter, if you don't mind, I am curious as may be some others, why you don't attend events. I myself haven't had anyone visit my house in over a year (except the electric meter person), I didn't go to my family reunion and haven't for 20 years, didn't get together on fathers day with the rest of my family, didn't go to my nieces wedding last weekend, don't go to anyone's funeral, and numerous other examples. Yet I made it to the Pirate Event, last years Apres bashe, Delormes CITO, the Bangor Flash event, and more. Do you have a secret that I don't know about and I really shouldn't attend caching events?
    And DKF - you are welcome whenever you wish to join us! As for FFJ - he is just really shy, worse than you..........and your Keiko (oh, I hope I spelled that right) dog is more outgoing. No, don't fear FFJ - he is harmless, really a Teddybear - ah go to the Monhegan Sheridan cache and look at the photos - very laid back!

Sorry Jake - just had to post this!

d’76 Guest

You wont typically see Jake at an event becuase he is very self concious of the mutated growth on his shoulders.

Thumbs up Woo Hoo

I'm so excited that the mystery of my coin is solved thanks Gob-ler! And may I suggest that this just may be how some coins disappear...I was just lucky that we look at the same forums...Thanks Geocaching Maine!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Show up at the Tread Lightly event next weekend and you will see and meet Jake. As long as you approach slowly it won't spook him.
    And legend has it that he will even come up within five feet of you if you put out a plate of home-made cookies, coconut cream pie or a box of glazed donuts . . . but liver and onions, tuna noodle casserole and brussell sprouts will send him screaming into the woods in abject horror as he recalls his early childhood.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Well there's that whole No-One-Likes-The-Quiet-Guy-Who-Really-Is-A -Serial-Ax-Murderer prejudice that gets in the way.

The real reason . . . I just don't like large gatherings with unfamiliar folks. I mean it's not like I'm anti-social or really introverted (you should see me when I'm in the zone and doing my fire prevention spiel) . . . it's just that I'm not comfortable in large crowds and unlike my on-line persona or one-on-one persona (pity poor Medawisla when Hiram and I get together) I tend to be a wall flower and don't really want to or care to interact with anyone.

As for family gatherings . . . I'm just not much into the whole family thing. I'm pretty much happy with just my wife and me . . . and a few select, close friends (yeah, that would be you and Medawisla Hiram . . . well maybe there are a couple others.)

No great secret . . . to take a line from Seinfeld . . . "it's not you (I mean it's not the events), it's me."