I went and bought a new toy this weekend. I bought a Spot and I am pretty impressed with it so far. I do not see the relevance as to how it can be used for geocaching but I thought I would just pass along that I have one if anyone would like to know or had questions about it. As I said I just got it and am still playing with it so I am still in the learning stages. There really is not much to learn though.

With the SPOT Satellite Messenger keeps track of you and lets anyone you choose to let them know where you are and your position and coordinates. It is a tracking system. You can keep track of whoever has the spot and their progress through Google Maps and a pre-programmed message via a commercial satellite network. And unlike Personal Locator Beacons, SPOT does more than just call for help. Tracking your progress, checking in with loved ones, and non-emergency assistance are also available, all at the push of a button. And because it uses 100% satellite technology, SPOT works around the world – even where cell phones don't.