Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mount Washington Webcam

Default Mount Washington Webcam

Has anyone did the Mount Washington Webcam Cache (GCN32T)? If so, how much of a hike is it to the top from the parking lot? I might be doing this cache next month, if I do, I'll be needing a "phone a friend."

If I'm home, I can help. I do know that cell phones do not work...but there is a pay phone. The camera only reloads every 15 minutes. It is on our to do list for this summer as well.

If you need someone at a computer to save the picture, let me know. I'll be glad to do it if I'm home the day you go.

(And hopefully you'll reciprocate if and when RULOST2? and I do it! We've never been up Mt. Washington, but have talked many times about doing so.)

Instead of trying to get in touch with someone else you might want to try this, http://www.cachecam.com/
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I'll be headed in that direction the first week of October. Leaving here going to Bangor, then Newport, then across route 2 to Gorham, NH, then headed south, possibly to the NH coast, then up the coast and head for home.

I wished I'd known there would be so many volunteers as I mentioned a couple days ago that we did Mt Washington two weekends ago. We put a stone on the tribute cache but didn't know anyone to call for the webcam. And which parking lot did you mean? The one at the top of the auto road or the one at the bottom of the mountain on the hiking trail? It's only a couple hundred feet from the one at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Instead of trying to get in touch with someone else you might want to try this, http://www.cachecam.com/
    Thanks Haffy. I tried it with my cell phone (tracfone) but I couldn't get it to work.

I haven't tried it either but maybe someone else on here will give it a shot and see if it works. I just happened to see it on GC.com the other day and thought that if it worked it would help out those who can't get to someone with access to a computer. Maybe someone will pipe in and tell us how it works!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default The hike is not bad

I believe the webcam was on top of the visitors center, in the viewing area, if I am not mistaken. It was so windy that I did not go up but my husband did. The hike there from the parking lot is nothing to worry about.

Watch out Mount Washington. Here we come!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!