vb:literal>

Thread: Has this ever happened to you?

Default Has this ever happened to you?

In a somewhat related topic to EvilHomer's "What's Up With The Missing G-Coins?" thread, I've had several travel bugs go missing over the past few years. Now, one of them has been put back into circulation, so to speak.

From the beginning: I started this TB called Scooby Lights The Way (a little Scooby Doo flashlight) - TBB6AD if you want to take a look at it. I dropped it off in a cache in NH on 1/11/04. Someone snagged it and took it to Florida and dropped it in a cache there. No problem so far.

This is where the TB went missing. Several cachers said that the TB was not there, even though it was listed, so after about six months of it being MIA from that cache, I sent it to the TB Graveyard. (It took me a while go getting around to putting the TB in the graveyard as that was around the time my girls were born).

Today, I get a message saying that someone has made a log entry on the TB. Someone grabbed the TB and stashed it in his gear and then joined the Navy, forgetting about to TB. He dropped it off in a cache on a little island south of Japan.

Now I'm glad that one of my long lost TBs has been found and put back into circulation, but I'm also kind of mad that to took so long for someone to even mention that they've got it in their possession.

:::sigh:::
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Well, yes, when new any of us in this situation were "mad" but as we become seasoned cachers, we either continue to "get mad" and have issues, or got over it. I have seen a bunch of TB and coins, too, drop out of and into the game.

I have also been fortunate to kajoile with newbies who grabbed a tb or coin, never did anything with it - were embarrased, but because of a positive approach with them popped it back into circulation or sent it to me. So, I tread lightly with the holders of TBs or coins and try to remember that not everyone owns them, understands them, is in caching like some of us and moves them right along right away, and .....well, be greatful if they end up back in circulation at all.

At this point - don't be "kind of mad" be darn happy, grateful and thankful - it has reappeared! Without knowing the holders reason, there is no rationale to holding a grudge.

JMHO - hollora

Ditto: I can only hope and pray that 6 of my missing TB's turn up again some day.

Ditto: I can only hope and pray that 6 of my missing TB's turn up again some day.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    At this point - don't be "kind of mad" be darn happy, grateful and thankful - it has reappeared! Without knowing the holders reason, there is no rationale to holding a grudge.

JMHO - hollora

Yeah, I think mad was too strong of a word, but it's kind of frustrating to put effort into something only to have it disappear almost immediately. I'm glad that's the TB is back in circulation and in a fairly exotic location to boot.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Not that it is an excuse, but boot camp and a boat trip to Japan probably fogged the guys brain a little. I'd call his CO and have him do pushups or swab the deck! But I feel the same way. I released 4 TB's this summer and one never even made it out of the first cache. Sigh.

I put a TB out attached to an action figure (my son really thought it was cool). I should have know from the post that I wouldn't see it again or that it would be a long time before it gets back into circulation.

"Wow. This is our first cache and my son loves your TB."

They haven't posted anymore caches since.

I do have to say that some of my TB's have gone amazing places and are still travelling. I look at it like a percentage game. The more I have out there the greater chance that some of them will remain in the game.

"Wow. This is our first cache and my son loves your TB."
    Sounds like a KISS OF DEATH to me. Shudder if you hear that phrase, it means your TB is GOOOONZO!

Where the hell is that thing?