vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey ya'll from Alabama

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Is Alabama down past Portland?

Silly Geocacher, havent you learned that anything south of waterville is North Alabama

Default In Case Anyone Is Wondering....

We have Warren's bike, trailer and tool kit in our garage and his laptop in the house. Warren and Steve are both a lot of fun, we really enjoyed meeting them. Steve heads home on the 20th and Warren will continue walking south to Andover, then he'll hitchhike back here, get his bike etc. and bicycle back to Alabama. I was hoping he'd reach Eustis in time to come to the event so everyone could meet him, but he thought he wouldn't be back this far by then.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Thumbs up

Just now getting back in the swing of things back home recuperating from obh’s “Oh no I’ve lost my mind and I can’t believe I’m Really Going to Drive All the Way Up To Maine To Rescue an Old Homeless Guy In The Woods Tour”. A fun filled week of 3800 miles of highway driving to pick up Gubbool a north bound AT flip-flop through hiker and leave him a bicycle with Kyaking Loon for his return trip, 180 gallons of used gas through 14 States, with 130 caches found, one 5000 foot mountain climbed, 40 miles of the Appalachian Trail hiked - avoiding 1 moose & 1 deer through The 100 Mile Wilderness. 4 nights of sleeping in the truck in public places, 5 nights of sleeping in the wilderness, one skinny dip in a frigid lake (good thing you didn't come down to the lake early the first day kayaking loon ) , 3 blisters, 9 days of camp food of Ramen noodles & candy bars, and countless heavy footsteps along the rugged stony Maine AT. Oh what fun.

What can I say to you folks up in Maine? Some really cool people up there!. The Chenoweth's were absolutley wonderful! How could we know that good "southern" hospitality can be found even up in MAINE!!!

Anyway, thanks for the e-mails & the notes on this forum. Warren is south of Monson now & should be finishing up in two weeks. From my point of view I enjoyed meeting the through hikers. Wow, even normal people do this (Don't tell Warren I said that). I wasn't in the shape I wanted to be in, but made the milage I needed to. Enjoyed picking up a few Maine caches all over the state & even did "A Town Used to be Here" at midnight in the dark on the lake shore. very rock trails on the Maine AT compared to what I am used to in Alabama.

attroll: Unfortunately I just now saw your invite post.. Our shuttle guy Bryant Davis from Medvale knew who you were & gave you two thumbs up for your involvement with the AT.

The day Warren & I made Katahdin it was beautiful. Only a few wispy clouds wich passed through.

Funny thing about the Portland joke. We hiked up to Katahdin with a guy who told us he was from Portland..... Oregon!

Shame about some of the geocaches being archived near the AT. We did one near Eustis & it was archived a day or two after we'd been by. We logged it!