While caching in the Waterville area on Saturday we had an interesting experience with he area's finest. Had found a cache in a small parking area and were on our way out and headed to the next. Saw a patrol car cruise past and didn't think anything of it. Next thing we knew the cruiser did and about face and approached us with lights flashing. The officer was VERY professional but advised us that they had had a 911 cell call that was GPS traced to the general area my wife and I were located in that stated there was an instance of domestic assualt in progress. While the officer looked over ID and called everthing in. 3 other cruisers from various agencies also showed up. We had no problem with the stop, they were only trying to look out for the safety or all. Interesting cache non the less. 4 cars with lights on, being a teacher, if this had happened in my hometown, i never would have lived it down. there were locals from 2 towns, sheriff and state. waterville residents - rest easy, you are being well protected.
soapboxderbyfamily