vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: History in the making

Default History in the making

I hope that no matter your political affiliation you have been watching or at least following history unfolding at the Democratic Convention. I'm not affiliated with a political party, have never even register to vote, but I do follow what goes on in our country. This is something people my age would never have believe possible just a few short years ago. We should all feel very American at this time in history, for this is what our country stands for. A country where anyone can grow up to be president.

They let a guy from Austria become Govener of California. At least Obama is an American. We need an American in the white house. This ------- that has been in office for 8 MISERABLE years has slowly disassembled our strenghth. Finacially, Emotionally,and Physically.
    I hope Obama wins!!!!! But, Just like the CHAD problem we had, I think the Powers That Be are going to stick Mc Cain in office.
    Opalsns

Lets let this discussion end here, people!

We have been doing an excellent job of keeping politics OUT of these forums. Lets keep up the good work.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    I hope that no matter your political affiliation you have been watching or at least following history unfolding at the Democratic Convention. I'm not affiliated with a political party, have never even register to vote, but I do follow what goes on in our country. This is something people my age would never have believe possible just a few short years ago. We should all feel very American at this time in history, for this is what our country stands for. A country where anyone can grow up to be president.
    Agreed . . . no matter what party (or no party) affiliation (I personally subscribe to the Hiram Party with their party plank of "Ready to go caching and camping anytime and anywhere") I think this shows that anyone truly can become President (or at least a Presidential candidate) -- and what is truly amazing is for folks of Vic's age (well actually Vic just getting to his age is truly amazing ) who have lived through and seen the racial unrest and prejudice of the 1960s and can see how much has changed in just 40 or so years. Whether you're for or against or neutral in your support of Obama I think (as Vic does) that this shows that anyone can truly become President regardless of race . . . and maybe some day we can say also regardless of sex.

On the flip side . . . I don't believe that anyone can become president . . . I think the main prerequisite these days is that anyone can become president . . . if they have money or friends with money!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Lets let this discussion end here, people!

We have been doing an excellent job of keeping politics OUT of these forums. Lets keep up the good work.

Thanks.
    Politics and religion . . . the two hot topics of BBS that start out innocently and never end well. Also the two topics where folks usually are quite polarized in their views -- and no matter how much they try to argue their position inevitably folks who don't share their opinion are rarely if ever swayed to their point of view.

However, I don't think Vic's thread is meant to be political in the sense of being political . . . rather it seems as though he is just commenting that like him or hate him . . . Obama has made history and we are living in a historical moment (although come to think of it . . . we're always living in a historical moment ).

Now that I've stated that, let me tell you why you should vote for my candidate . . . and then I'll tell you why you should convert to my religion of choice.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Hiram for President
    FFJ - vice president
    Mediweisla - Presidential Adviser

No Beer and No TV make Homer, something something.

Default Please End This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Politics and religion . . . the two hot topics of BBS that start out innocently and never end well. Also the two topics where folks usually are quite polarized in their views -- and no matter how much they try to argue their position inevitably folks who don't share their opinion are rarely if ever swayed to their point of view.

However, I don't think Vic's thread is meant to be political in the sense of being political . . . rather it seems as though he is just commenting that like him or hate him . . . Obama has made history and we are living in a historical moment (although come to think of it . . . we're always living in a historical moment ).
    I fully agree. This is a historic moment. But once someone starts advocating for a particular candidate, it goes beyond historic and becomes political.

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Hiram for President
    FFJ - vice president
    Mediweisla - Presidential Adviser
    I don't think Hiram is old enough per Presidential requirements . . .

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I fully agree. This is a historic moment. But once someone starts advocating for a particular candidate, it goes beyond historic and becomes political.
    Agreed . . . but you will vote for me for President won't ya?