vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caching for Colorados

I am not going back to my cache until someone gets that dam coin outa there! I fall and trip enough as it is! I don't need no stinkin' bad MOJO!

As mentioned this summer, I found someones expensive cellphone at a cache. I got their number out of it and at my expense, called them in Connecticut. They said the phone had very important irreplacable stuff in it and gave me an address to mail it to. They said they would give me a reward but I insisted they not give me one. They did say they would reimburse for mailing it. We packed it all up and mailed it to them at our expense. It's been over two months now and we never even received a thank you. Do you suppose the mail is that slow? The $6 in expenses isn't important, but a thank you would have been nice. Do you think if I find another cell phone or someone's Colorado, I will be so helpful? Probably. But it can only happen so many times before you get tired of no manners. Then maybe I will end up with a free Colorado someday.

Default Missing GPS

While I have very limited hopes of getting my GPS back, if I do I won't act like the ingrate that didn't so much as offer a thanks to DKF. Within our caching community I'm quite certain a find of the unit will be followed by an appropriate response, both by the finder and certainly by me!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Dan this was our log from the TV by the Numbers, GC13VQZ cache about a year ago. Sorry about the loss, but glad you now have an excuse to buy the Oregon.

"September 22, 2007 by lexmano (1067 found)
    Finally getting to this one. Great hide, looked at it several times before it clicked. SL TFTC

Log is nearly full.
    Had potentially bad situation occur. We had placed the GPS down to let it settle, then forgot about it while we made the find and Freddie visited with a cute dog. A car from Massachusetts had pulled up near where we had left the GPS, we spoke to the folks as we got back in our car and then realized we had not picked up the GPS. When we looked for it, it was missing. We saw the guy from Massachusetts nearby and Barb approached him asking if he had seen it. Oh, yes he said as he took it from his pocket. Very close call, glad he came clean when confronted. "

Hmmm... I could respond to the last two comments. Do I pat the sleeping dog or poke the hornet's nest? Sheesh! I guess I'll just leave it alone...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Hmmm... I could respond to the last two comments. Do I pat the sleeping dog or poke the hornet's nest? Sheesh! I guess I'll just leave it alone...
    don't poke it!!!!! **grabs remote control for electro shock dog collar**
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Lost Unit

Sad thing is, I was "selling" the world of caching to a couple of "birders" who seemed very interested. I wrote down the info for them all the while not paying attention to where I'd placed the colorado. Another life lesson learned, I guess.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Go to Geocaching-U web site, print out some of their brochures, put them over your visor - and then all you have to do is hand them out after your chat.........and hang onto your GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Yesterday, I lost my Colorado 400t at mapachi's newest cache, Blue Water which is at the public boat launch for Lake St. George on Route 3 in Liberty. I placed it on the hood of my car and was distracted by a couple of things. one being a couple very interested in caching and the second being my 2 Labs that were jumping off the dock chasing sticks some kids were throwing.

While it might have been stolen, it's possible it slid off the right side of the hood with in or near the parking area or after I turned left onto Route 3 while departing. I noticed it was missing within a couple of hundred yards of heading west on 3 and turned back and gave the area what I thought was a thorough search. I was parked in the second parking space, 2 westerly of the handicapped parking. Dianne and I have given the car a very good search so it's definetely MIA.

If you're in the neighborhood, you might want to watch for it! Thanks!
    Must be a Garmin owners thing to do . . . Hiram has lost two now . . . which is why I'm trying to convince him to get a Magellan since mine has never been lost.

One is currently being used by a 12-point buck to mark all of the deer hunting stands in the area so he can avoid them by the time hunting season rolls around and Hiram is back in the area.

The other cache was graciously donated to the Goodwill organization which has someone there who is still wondering who would be so generous with such a donation.

Hope you find your GPSr Dubord.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Another other note of "interest." Yesterday, I picked up a geocoin called "Bad Mojo" out of a cache in Farmington and put it in the Blue Water cache just before loosing my GPS. The coin said it would bring bad "Karma" to anybody who didn't move the coin in 14 days. Just my luck. I get a coin that didn't understand the specific mission printed on the darned thing! Maybe it was 14 minutes, or 14 miles. or 14 beers......... If you retrieve that coin I want to remind you that it won't float if you choose to chuck it into the lake!

Hmmm . . . kind of like the Tiki Idol that the Bradys found in Hawaii, huh?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."