vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caching for Colorados

Default Caching for Colorados

Yesterday, I lost my Colorado 400t at mapachi's newest cache, Blue Water which is at the public boat launch for Lake St. George on Route 3 in Liberty. I placed it on the hood of my car and was distracted by a couple of things. one being a couple very interested in caching and the second being my 2 Labs that were jumping off the dock chasing sticks some kids were throwing.

While it might have been stolen, it's possible it slid off the right side of the hood with in or near the parking area or after I turned left onto Route 3 while departing. I noticed it was missing within a couple of hundred yards of heading west on 3 and turned back and gave the area what I thought was a thorough search. I was parked in the second parking space, 2 westerly of the handicapped parking. Dianne and I have given the car a very good search so it's definetely MIA.

If you're in the neighborhood, you might want to watch for it! Thanks!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Missing GPS

Another other note of "interest." Yesterday, I picked up a geocoin called "Bad Mojo" out of a cache in Farmington and put it in the Blue Water cache just before loosing my GPS. The coin said it would bring bad "Karma" to anybody who didn't move the coin in 14 days. Just my luck. I get a coin that didn't understand the specific mission printed on the darned thing! Maybe it was 14 minutes, or 14 miles. or 14 beers......... If you retrieve that coin I want to remind you that it won't float if you choose to chuck it into the lake!

can i keep it if i find it!?!?!?! I need a new one!

btw, don't make it a habbit of losing the gps, it gets old pretty fast... trust me...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

When Ralph was in the hospital for his cancer surgery a couple of years ago, I took a break and went to do a cache behind Bangor High School. Found the cache and put my cell phone on the top of the car as I loaded my walking stick, etc. Never retrieved it so.....on Broadway about Kentucky Fried Chicken I realized, did the turn and went back. Never saw or found the phone. Bummer as it had my favorite photo of Ralph and our, now deceased, dog on it. No insurance either.

Recently I did the same thing with my Etrex......but I saw the yellow on the hood by the windshield wipers about .1 mile after I left parking.

Bummer - I hope whoever finds it might be a cacher and post here or on the cache page. When you turn my 76 on - it has my caching name and a phone number to call with "Reward If Found".

Default Lost Unit

Unfortunately, the Colorado doesn't have an identifying page like the other Garmins. I was talking with gob-ler and I have an idea. I still have my PASS device from my firefighting days. The way it works is that it's clipped to your turnout gear and when you turn it on it does nothing unless you stop moving, as in the case of a downed firefighter. If there's no movement after 30 seconds, then it beeps steady and at about 100 decibels. It's about the size of a GPS. Maybe I can marry the 2 things, get a patent and retire. What an idea! I'm callling Dick Garmin right now to see what he thinks!

Hey Dan I was the one who placed the coin into the cache. By the way, right after I placed the coin I was filling some water jugs at a nearby spring and I hurt my knee. I am still in pain and having a difficult time getting around.

Bad Mojo? Sounds about right to me.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Default Win Win 1!

Get the landowner's address where this injury occured. Get started with PT now. Wear a neck brace. Back down to less the 20 caches a day. Gain back some of the weight you lost. Heck, call an ambulance and head to the hospital right now. I'll meet you there. I'll do it for a third of your caches! Tell them "We mean business!"

By the way, right after I placed the coin I was filling some water jugs at a nearby spring and I hurt my knee. I am still in pain and having a difficult time getting around.

Bad Mojo? Sounds about right to me.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Yesterday, I lost my Colorado 400t
    Maybe a good excuse to wait for the new Delorme PN-40 ?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default New unit

No chance of waiting for a Delorme 40 or anything for that matter. Caching must go on! The Oregon will be here Monday!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Maybe a good excuse to wait for the new Delorme PN-40 ?

I left a pair of fairly nice sunglasses at the Traveling Tiki cache in S. Bristol and didn't realize until it was too late to go back and retrieve them. I posted a note and one month later someone found them and emailed me to get my address and then mailed them back to me! Isn't that the greatest! kymeejay--thanks again! So, Dubord--there is hope that someone will find it and do the right thing. Make a post on your cache log, it can't hurt!