vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caching for Colorados

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    can i keep it if i find it!?!?!?! I need a new one!

btw, don't make it a habbit of losing the gps, it gets old pretty fast... trust me...
    I've already told you that we're going to fix it so you don't lose your next Garmin . . . I've got a pair of those mitten keepers -- the ones with the string and clips at both end -- I'll clip one to you and one to the Garmin so you'll never lose it again.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Unfortunately, the Colorado doesn't have an identifying page like the other Garmins. I was talking with gob-ler and I have an idea. I still have my PASS device from my firefighting days. The way it works is that it's clipped to your turnout gear and when you turn it on it does nothing unless you stop moving, as in the case of a downed firefighter. If there's no movement after 30 seconds, then it beeps steady and at about 100 decibels. It's about the size of a GPS. Maybe I can marry the 2 things, get a patent and retire. What an idea! I'm callling Dick Garmin right now to see what he thinks!
    %^%&*^ PASS devices . . . I hate those things . . . at a fire scene it means I either have to actually move around and work or I stand there shimmying and shaking as if I'm either trying to dance to some tune that only I can hear in my head or as if I have some type of horrible disease where I am completely spastic.

Nix the Pass/Garmin device . . . I'll send you some mitten clip keepers like I am sending to Hiram for Christmas.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Oh, oh - a custom Colorado or Oregon leash - like I fashioned for Team2Hunts' PDA And just so you know - as you have more birthday's it doesn't get any better LOL

Default Hello Oregon

So I have the Oregon. Did a quick cache with it on the way home and I'm impressed with the stability of the compass, an issue with the Colorado.

I'm glad I'm not the only beer drinker that looses things. So 2 garmins, Aaron? Wait until you're 58 and have trouble remembering how to get to work!

And FFJ.... Box 42, 13 Pearl Street, Waterville, Engine 1, Engine 2, Engine 3, Rescue 1 and Ladder 1 responding to a structure fire about 2 blocks from where I lived at the time on October 22,1984, my B-day. So after an initial search, Capt. Dana Rossignol and myself get pinned when the roof decides to collapse. We were both so tangled that it was the PASS devices that led the calvary to us. Could have been different. I have the Pull-Box on the wall in our downstairs lounge here. Know what you mean about those things, but thinking back 24 years, I was happy to have it. But I'll pass on an invention right now. Prevention month coming huh? Hope you still get out to cache!

Went back and checked for the Colorado today. If any of you have a metal detector, the grass is quite thick and high near the cache. Could still be there, but I think it now in the hands of some fisfit that has no idea what the thing does! Life goes on, thankfully.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

geesh - aaron's may have been in a box at Goodwill or Salvation Army - wonder who got that buy at the Thrift store?

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    . . .
    And FFJ.... Box 42, 13 Pearl Street, Waterville, Engine 1, Engine 2, Engine 3, Rescue 1 and Ladder 1 responding to a structure fire about 2 blocks from where I lived at the time on October 22,1984, my B-day. So after an initial search, Capt. Dana Rossignol and myself get pinned when the roof decides to collapse. We were both so tangled that it was the PASS devices that led the calvary to us. Could have been different. I have the Pull-Box on the wall in our downstairs lounge here. Know what you mean about those things, but thinking back 24 years, I was happy to have it. But I'll pass on an invention right now. Prevention month coming huh? Hope you still get out to cache!
    . . .
    Yeah, I know they're a good thing . . . but they still annoy me . . . keeps me moving the whole time.

And yes, things are starting to heat up for FPW . . . darn kids . . . gotta play dress up something like a bazillion times next month so the little tykes don't get scared when we gear up. The last time I did this at a pre-school some little punk said to me, "You're fat." No kidding, Sherlock . . . now shut up and stop eating those crayons I gave you with your coloring book.

Default Fire Prevention Week

We had a group at Central one October and I was explaining to them how the Plectron system works. So one of the little "rocket scientists" hits the tone alert switch, I grabbed the mike to announce that this "is not a fire" but actually I had the mike in my hand as I told the little guy " Keep you hands off that stuff!" Well everybody with a radio started checking in "What stuff, Unit 6?" Who's in charge down there? Does the Chief know you're doing drills?" Be a long time before I live that one down.

After a month of that you might apreeciate Woody Allen's comment "Now you know why tigers eat their young!" Still an important effort so good luck and keep a stiff upper lip!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.