vb:literal>

Thread: No.Conway/Red Ridge

I will be heading to No.Conway New Hampshire this coming Saturday. I have to make a trip to the Moat Mountain Pub and weather permitting, I will make the trip up the Red Ridge Trail and finish off that part of the trails around Moat Mountain. And like last time, dinner will be at the pub.

Anyone want to go along for a ride, hike, and "growler" ?

PM me for my cell and we can set up a time and location to meet. I warn you it will have to be early, before sunrise.

And to me weather permitting: it can be a light rain but not pouring.

Exclamation planning on it....

I have only one seat left in the Team Tahoe. So speak up now ..or forever regret not going.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Maineiac1957 and I did the same loop Labor Day weekend and it was a blast. Great views and an awesome day. If it's raining, be aware of some ledge work that will take a little focus when wet! Well worth the trip, have fun.

Thumbs up Great day....

This was one of my most favorite days that I have hiked. The 4 of us, Team Richards, Katahdin Goddess, onestep, and myself, left the parking area around 7:45 this morning, amid cool temps in the high 30's. We hiked a total of 9.5 miles up the Red Ridge trail, in just over 8 hours. That included the time to find and log the 17 caches and to lounge around up on top, to take in the views, lunch and watch the steady stream of hikers pass by. It was truly a great day up on the mountain. Thanks for coming along........
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    This was one of my most favorite days that I have hiked. The 4 of us, Team Richards, Katahdin Goddess, onestep, and myself, left the parking area around 7:45 this morning, amid cool temps in the high 30's. We hiked a total of 9.5 miles up the Red Ridge trail, in just over 8 hours. That included the time to find and log the 17 caches and to lounge around up on top, to take in the views, lunch and watch the steady stream of hikers pass by. It was truly a great day up on the mountain. Thanks for coming along........

It sounds fantastic. Unfortunately my wife broke her ankle this spring and a 9.5 mile hike is still a little out of reach. We are going to N. Conway in October for our annual Kangamangus trip and Cache weekend. I love that area.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

This truly was a super day everything was perfect. friend weather. We met a man on teh trail that I will remember for sometime. He was a great guy seemed to love to talk told us a lot about himself and he sang as he hiked...He was 78 years old and he was having no trouble hiking that hill. i hope I can do that when I'm 78.

Thanks for putting this together Gary

Default more to come........

I'm not done hiking before Winter. I'll find another area that we can hike during the Fall.

I have wanted to do this one for a while now.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...TX9&Submit6=Go

Congrats you folks on the Red Ridge Hike. Read your logs with interest.

I can really say - Been There, done That!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

i can say been there twice now. i can do the distance no problem. my problem is that my speed is rather slow. i hiked the north moat alone and did those caches along the way and descended along the red ridge, getting turned around somewhere at the bottom. there is one section that is poorly marked and extremely difficult to see in the dark. being i had never been that way before, i could see where i got turned around and how easy it was, being over tired, out of water and shame to say (left the compass in the jeep) ... never leave the compass in the jeep, gps are only good to walk in circles in the dark in unfamiliar territory. gobler has since placed caches in the area. it is a well worn path that can be seen in the day. at dusk in the area where it has a tree that fell across the path and blocks it, hard to see the path at night or which direction it goes. anyway. it leaves a good feelings. went for some good pizza with onestep afterwards at flatbreads. think i got back to the car around 5 or 530, long after you 2. next adventure will be to complete the south moat for me part.