vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Events While Geocaching

Default Unexpected Events While Geocaching

(Without details PG-13 rating only) - I was caching last week to a cache location called American Chestnut in Rockport,Maine. I was on my way to a cache and I knew where I needed to go....I thought I was the only one out in the woods and cache area when I accidentally stumbled across a couple taking in some extra circular activities between me and the cache. I ended up leaving the site and claiming the cache as find and left a nice note on the windshield of the persons truck.

Do you have any stories that you are able to share when things unexpectedly turned or changed for you while out on a caching adventure

It seems I have broken the golden rule and claimed the cache without finding it. Good News, I went back to this cache and found it on a rainy day (where it might be too cold to shed your clothes). There are several cache locations where I didnt find a cache and knew where it should have been....and did not claim the find. This was an unexpected situation for me...and thought it was a merited gesture to avoid any confrontations by claiming the cache since I knew where it was.
    Last edited by squishaholic; 09-16-2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: additional information
    Squishaholic
    Waldoboro,

Some people just REALLY love nature

d’76 Guest

OMG!!!!! That was you that left the note on my truck.... I've been working out, did it show.

Just kidding, I have been shot at before while caching. Never stumbled across anything like that, had I, I would have staid.

Quote Originally Posted by squishaholic View Post
    (Without details PG-13 rating only) - I was caching last week to a cache location called American Chestnut in Rockport,Maine. I was on my way to a cache and I knew where I needed to go....I thought I was the only one out in the woods and cache area when I accidentally stumbled across a couple taking in some extra circular activities between me and the cache. I ended up leaving the site and claiming the cache as find and left a nice note on the windshield of the persons truck.

Do you have any stories that you are able to share when things unexpectedly turned or changed for you while out on a caching adventure
    Two words: Fitz Cache.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Fitz Cache? was it the theme of the cache or the situation at the cache?
    Squishaholic
    Waldoboro,

I think FFJ would probably rather privately PM you on that one....

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...ght=Fitz+cache
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Oh yeah, the first year I started caching - Crockett Cove Cache near Stonington......just kept on walking and on my return trek met the couple on the trail headed in as I was headed out - they had a smile on their face. Funny thing - there as no vehicle parked where I parked. Well, I presume they were having a good day.......I found the cache, a beautiful area and if I had kids I would have just pushed them along.
    Last edited by hollora; 09-15-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: named the wrong cache location - sorry

I've mentioned this before, but for the benefit of the newcomers...

I went out early one morning expecting to get a FTF on a local cache. I parked about 300 feet away, saw what looked like the cache owner's trail, and followed it until the trail disappeared. While looking around to try and find the trail again, I realized I was in the middle of a marijuana patch. Obviously not the trail to the cache!

Default OhOh

I know that same spot, out in Albion, or N. Whitefield, or was it Lexington, maybe Minot. Finished the cache and almost ate myself to death going to the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I've mentioned this before, but for the benefit of the newcomers...

I went out early one morning expecting to get a FTF on a local cache. I parked about 300 feet away, saw what looked like the cache owner's trail, and followed it until the trail disappeared. While looking around to try and find the trail again, I realized I was in the middle of a marijuana patch. Obviously not the trail to the cache!

Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I'm wondering how the cache could be claimed as a find without finding it. If I claimed a cache everytime there were people around (having sex or not) and I left the area, my numbers would double.