Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Events While Geocaching

Quote Originally Posted by squishaholic View Post
    Fitz Cache? was it the theme of the cache or the situation at the cache?
    Cache name . . . long story, short . . . it was at a rest stop outside of Ellsworth and I . . . well . . . uh . . . didn't realize that rest stops are sometimes used as meeting places for some folks.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I know that same spot, out in Albion, or N. Whitefield, or was it Lexington, maybe Minot. Finished the cache and almost ate myself to death going to the next one!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    I'm wondering how the cache could be claimed as a find without finding it. If I claimed a cache everytime there were people around (having sex or not) and I left the area, my numbers would double.
    Agreed . . . well the part about not claiming the find unless the logbook was signed. Personal rule on my part. If I don't sign the log, no Smiley and ditto for folks doing my caches. I figure if I have to go back and don't claim the find due to amorous folks, wildlife, darkness or other reason it's just part of the game.

Cache name . . . long story, short . . . it was at a rest stop outside of Ellsworth and I . . . well . . . uh . . . didn't realize that rest stops are sometimes used as meeting places for some folks.

HAHAHAHAHAH @ JAKE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! NEVER wander too far away from the parking area of LAKE WOOD on MDI. You will encounter just exactly what you described. GET A ROOM PEOPLE!

Where the hell is that thing?

FYI: I did go back a few days later to claim the find. It looks like I broke the golden rule to caching.
    Squishaholic
    Waldoboro,

Quote Originally Posted by squishaholic View Post
    FYI: I did go back a few days later to claim the find. It looks like I broke the golden rule to caching.
    Nah . . . you went back later and found the cache, did the log and at the same time played the part of Cupid . . . or at least gave the amorous couple a story to tell their kid nine months from now.

Hey Squishaholic . . . seeing that you're living in Waldoboro . . . you don't happen to know a David Karas (or something like that . . . for some reason that doesn't sound quite right) . . . I think his parents owned a Christmas tree farm there . . . graduated from New England College with him.

I dont know anyone by that name....but I can check my local phone book to see if anyone has that name and I could get back to you.
    Squishaholic
    Waldoboro,

I went back a few days later to claim it....I just didnt modify the date on my tracker online.
    Squishaholic
    Waldoboro,

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    I'm wondering how the cache could be claimed as a find without finding it. If I claimed a cache everytime there were people around (having sex or not) and I left the area, my numbers would double.
    Where are you Caching???? I have not ran into anyone having "relations" or going to the bathroom yet. What am I doing wrong?