vb:literal>

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Stolen Cache - Parts Pieces - Whole Thing Gone

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    I think its time for me to unretire my SWEET TRAIL JUSTICE stick. What do you think Jake?
    Dig 'er out EH . . . besides sledding season is just around the corner so you might as well warm 'er up.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Dig 'er out EH . . . besides sledding season is just around the corner so you might as well warm 'er up.
    Adding a few new spikes now as we speak! How do I get the fresh ones to rust up nice and brown in a hurry? :P I also need a new layer of barbed wire too.

Where the hell is that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Well, here's the good news. Turns out the kid was out caching with a friend and they found a cache. The cacher did the trade-for-trade deal, but his friend simply took a bunch of swag and only dropped in a few rocks that he found nearby . . . poor kid was appalled with his friend's actions and the mom said he wanted me to know that it wasn't him and that he was pretty upset with his friend. I gave her my e-mail, this site's web address (she said he had a few questions) and then assured her that it was OK since there are adults that do the very same thing . . . and added that I thought it was pretty commendable that he wanted to do the right thing.
    I get a chance to work with kids everyday at Messalonskee High School. We have almost 900 kids and out of that 840 are just awesome. You can imagine what the other 40+ can be like.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    I get a chance to work with kids everyday at Messalonskee High School. We have almost 900 kids and out of that 840 are just awesome. You can imagine what the other 40 can be like.

Do you take the kids from school caching. We are working on an awesome project to get the kids out doing this stuff

My wife (who teaches Chemistry at MHS) and I have batted around the idea of a cache for her homeroom kids. There is a nice series of trails in behind the high school that would be perfect. The greedy side of me is also thinking of placing a night cache in the same area. I have seen a few classes in the Brewer area place caches and check on them for class projects. So the idea is out there. One of the schools adventure clubs have gone hiking along the Messalonskee stream trail in town and grabbed the 7 caches there, and I just discovered that one of our math teachers and I traded FTF's this year. (Shapoopok) I think that we are all going to brainstorm over the winter and try to take some students on a hike/cache run in the spring.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

I am taking my Girl Scout troop hiking and caching after a hay ride and pumpkin lesson at Wolfe's Neck Farm in Freeport in October. Both my co-leader and I are crazy for caching and we want to take the opportunity to find those caches and show the girls too! Hopefully, they will like it.

Hey Lois-Ann....... You can place a film canister, ammo can, anything, and when it disappears, I'm sure it's disappointing. But the one you're talking about was one you put quite a bit of effort into, very creative. What a shame. And it's not like you can put up a poster in the town office that says "Have you seen this cache?" Hopefully it won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    Hey Lois-Ann....... You can place a film canister, ammo can, anything, and when it disappears, I'm sure it's disappointing. But the one you're talking about was one you put quite a bit of effort into, very creative. What a shame. And it's not like you can put up a poster in the town office that says "Have you seen this cache?" Hopefully it won't happen again.
    It would be funny to see a "missing" poster and all the muggles scratching thier heads wondering what was up.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    I think that we are all going to brainstorm over the winter and try to take some students on a hike/cache run in the spring.
    Why wait til spring? Fall is one of the best times to go caching,no bugs,very little leaf cover and great weather. Now is the time to get them interested. JMO.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Why wait til spring? Fall is one of the best times to go caching,no bugs,very little leaf cover and great weather. Now is the time to get them interested. JMO.
    We've had our first frost, but there were still a LOT of bugs out there today while I was cutting firewood. Do the aligators and rattlesnakes hibernate in the winter down there, Haffy?