vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Cache - Parts Pieces - Whole Thing Gone

Since I started this thread, I will comment here.

When I placed my Geocoin Emporium and TB Hotel (a while ago and not the cache effected by the theft! I checked and fortunately, as of today, the Emporium container is still in place.) - I fashioned it after one in New Brunswick Canada. I asked for a one for one trade (TB for TB, TB for Coin, Coin for Coin, Coin for TB - well, you get it). Little did I know that these types of caches are actually called Coin or TB Jails!

You can call it a hotel, emporium or what you like, but, if to take a trackable (coin or TB) you have to leave one - the larger community (those on the Geocaching.com forums) call this a jail. To be honest, this requirement or type of jail is not well thought of.

Darterkitfox is right on here, IMHO. I have redone my thinking and none of my caches do I ask for, or expect, if you take a TB/coin that you leave one any more. The only think I do expect is for it to be logged properly and as promptly as is practical! And moved on as soon as practical and possible, too.

Now - this thread was about a cache where the whole container was taken. It's intent was to give folks a heads up, in case this is not an isolated case. Perhaps because this was a hotel it had something to do with it - but, I think probably not.

I, personally, don't support people bringing personal TBs to an event to discover. What's the point, for the owner or the discoverer? I do discover TBs at events, but, it is because they are on the road and unique or cute. If you brought a bucket full of personal ones like a tin of coins, I probably would not bother. I do discover coins for the icons......and understand why folks do not release all their coins. I release coins but they are usually duplicates of what I have. Have also learned to drill them and attach a mission tag.

With all the above being said - we have nearly chewed the issues over here. Unless someone has something to post about missing caches we can probably leave the TBs and coin discussion for another thread.

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful comments.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    You don't like me and I don't like you, that much is clear. But there is a big difference between a TB HOTEL where most people just want TB's in it, and a cache that has 3 in it and they have been sitting there for 6 months. If you ever come across 2 of my TB's in a cache, please take them both and move them to a new cache or two so I will get a pleasing email to see that they have moved and I can track them. It's not like I collect TB's and take them to events just to show. When I take one or more out of cache (with either a trade for TB's, swag, or cash) I place them in a new cache within a week. How is this not leaving any for other people? I thought the point of TB's was to travel. Isn't that what the T stands for. Whether it be in one cache or another, they are available to find. I just left a TB in a cache and when I came home to log it, I saw that in 12 months time, only 3 people had been to that cache. How long do you think that TB is going to sit? Winter is coming and the cache isn't located with 5 others nearby. I hope for the TB owners sake, someone like me comes along and takes it and any others in the cache and moves them. I did notice at a cache on the turnpike last year at the pirate event, someone with the initials BB that you might know, took a TB out of the cache and left nothing. When I went back to the computer log later to copy it, the log had been deleted. I wonder what that was about?

What??????? I NEVER said I didn't like you nor EVER said anything bad about you OR your Wife. The reference was to your Personal reply to me for saying THEN what YOU just said now.
    Awful Defensive for some reason, about a 9 on the TENSION scale.
    And VERY CHILDISH , trying to drag my Bubba Bass into this FOOLISH disagreement. I don't know what your reading but I'm going to check.
    I would advise you to Grow Up and AVOID me and mine!!!!!!!!

OPALSNS

Sumo TBZGXP out of NAB A TRAVEL BUG was moved by my brother and discovered by BubbaBass . What's deleted.

Default Good one!

Nice to interject a good lawyer joke to this tread. Some are not playing nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    A man went to a brain store to get some brain to complete a study. He sees a sign remarking on the quality of professional brain offerred at this particular brain store. He begins to question the butcher about the cost of these brains.

"How much does it cost for engineer brain?"

"Three dollars an ounce."

"How much does it cost for programmer brain?"

"Four dollars an ounce."

"How much for lawyer brain?"

"$1,000 an ounce."

"Why is lawyer brain so much more?"

"Do you know how many lawyers we had to kill to get one ounce of brain?"

I'm sure you've heard em all though Dan,,,
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default MP3 player.

Marvin's Marsh cache. Off the Reed Road in Windsor. Tat will probably publish it within the hour. Nice walk. Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    Dan, I knew I'd get a response from that. Where did you say the MP3 player was?

d’76 Guest

Two peanuts were walking down the street and one was "a salted"

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Got me laughing

two penuts were walking down the street and one stole breakfast...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Now we're talking!

Always a good idea to interject a bit of humor when the natives starting getting restless!

I think the booze took ahold a little early tonight. I quote firefighterjake "everyone relax and take a deep breath....." To start a different note: Opalsns, who designed the coin that you show as an avatar, and what happened to the one with the crow holding the TB? I love the designs.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Did he file a complaint??
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?