vb:literal>

Thread: Foliage Updates?

Default Foliage Updates?

What is the current foliage status up in the Eustis area?
    Are we seeing any color yet?
    Do you think by the event we will have any?
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

The leaves in my backyard in Oakland are starting to show some color. http://www.state.me.us/doc/foliage/ is a great website produced by the State of Maine and updated all the time. Right now it is showed very low color. I bet it will be just about perfect by the time we get to Eustis

Default Foliage

It's starting, especially along the roads and swamps. Should be more by the time of the event. There may be some in the higher elevations to the north, like the Goldbrook Road, Boundary Mountains, haven't been there to look. None up high on the Bigelows yet.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

You can also get foliage status information here.

I had to make my rounds up to fort kent today, and tried to run about 2 or 3 leaf peepers off the road already.... I got my tags, so I can take two otu this year...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default a few cold nights

The weather forecast is calling for a chilly night Thursday and again on Monday. That will make a difference.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Yes there is foliage in Eustis, and just about everywhere except Antartica and the color there is mostly white