vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ATV Unity

d’76 Guest

Thumbs up ATV Unity

Today, Jake and Hiram, bgffdave and Connie and I took off on an excursion across Unity and Troy and maybe some other places. We HAd a blast. Many thanks go to Jake for being our fearless leader and taking us on a nice mix of great ATVing. We had all types of terrain and several caches that I had already done but Dave was able to get the smileys. The trails down that way are well marked and in great shape. We wrapped the night at the local HOP and it was awesome, by far the best trails I have run across this summer. Going through the colvert was wicked cool to.

Oh and thanks Jake for helping Hiram pick out the atv that he bought just for this trip. Now we need to talk him into something to tow it with so he isnt just riding it around the yard.

A friend and I went to Troy last Saturday and rode in the Troy ATV Club's Poker Run. We had about 40 ATVs in the group and lots of folks were riding double. We went about 20 miles on Troy's great trails. I was looking for Jake but did not see him. He was there for this event a couple of years ago and I did find 3 of his caches that day. Lots of fun. I even went home with a prize.

Steve O.
    The trouble with doing nothing is that it is hard to know when you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by steverph View Post
    A friend and I went to Troy last Saturday and rode in the Troy ATV Club's Poker Run. We had about 40 ATVs in the group and lots of folks were riding double. We went about 20 miles on Troy's great trails. I was looking for Jake but did not see him. He was there for this event a couple of years ago and I did find 3 of his caches that day. Lots of fun. I even went home with a prize.

Steve O.
    Jake was busy picking up my my new polaris and buying cheese.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Today, Jake and Hiram, bgffdave and Connie and I took off on an excursion across Unity and Troy and maybe some other places. We HAd a blast. Many thanks go to Jake for being our fearless leader and taking us on a nice mix of great ATVing. We had all types of terrain and several caches that I had already done but Dave was able to get the smileys. The trails down that way are well marked and in great shape. We wrapped the night at the local HOP and it was awesome, by far the best trails I have run across this summer. Going through the colvert was wicked cool to.

Oh and thanks Jake for helping Hiram pick out the atv that he bought just for this trip. Now we need to talk him into something to tow it with so he isnt just riding it around the yard.

Yes, tons of fun! I'm sure glad I have a friend like jake to talk me into buying such things

and there's nothin better than washin down some mud with some UHOP

so I wanna go riding again, come pick me up (getting a hitch on the suby might be harder than it seems...)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post

Thanks for the kind words Dave . . . I had a good time on the ride too. Haven't been out for a ride in a long, long time.

I do have some corrections however.

1) It's not just a local HOP . . . it's just plain UHOP and I am a bit biased as I think it offers one of the best pizzas in the area.

2) I had nothing to do with Hiram and his ATV. I simply provided a trailer to him after he made the purchase.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by steverph View Post

Steve O.
    I think this was the first poker run that I have missed since Troy started doing a poker run as a fund raiser . . . however my reason was that I was off with Hiram as he purchased an ATV and cheese (well I must confess that I also bought some cheese from the Amish farmer) . . . and then in the afternoon we worked on my house.

What did you end up with as a prize . . . I understand there were some pretty decent prizes this year, including $100 cash and a $150 service from Chase Toys.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Yes, tons of fun! I'm sure glad I have a friend like jake to talk me into buying such things

and there's nothin better than washin down some mud with some UHOP

so I wanna go riding again, come pick me up (getting a hitch on the suby might be harder than it seems...)
    Hey now . . . I had absolutely nothing to do with talking you into buying any such thing . . . I mean if I was to talk you into buying an ATV I would have convinced you to get a Honda ATV.

I'll start out with a thank you to Jake for being our tour guide. We had a great time. My better half was still laughing even after coughing up the big mud ball!! The underground portion of the tour was especially unique although I have to admit to wondering Jake... how in the world would you get out of that spot if you got half way across and decided, "I'm not going to make it."?

We all should be praying for divine intervention with the "new toy/no trailer/with what do I haul it with without my wife killing me" dilemma that now perplexes Hiram. That might be his only hope and path to salvation!!

I can, however, live with his choice of machine. While it wasn't an Can-Am it at least isn't a Suzuki because from what I saw on our trip those things bottom out on acorns... LOL!
    How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?

Default Poker Run

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I think this was the first poker run that I have missed since Troy started doing a poker run as a fund raiser . . . however my reason was that I was off with Hiram as he purchased an ATV and cheese (well I must confess that I also bought some cheese from the Amish farmer) . . . and then in the afternoon we worked on my house.

What did you end up with as a prize . . . I understand there were some pretty decent prizes this year, including $100 cash and a $150 service from Chase Toys.
    I was pretty far down on the winners list but I ended up with a couple quarts of oil and a can of WD40. Always good things to have in the garage. There were many prizes, most of which were awarded on the doorprize tickets instead of the poker hands so the prizes were spread around pretty well.

BTW, why would you help somebody buy a Polaris? Yamaha is the way to go!

Steve
    The trouble with doing nothing is that it is hard to know when you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by bgrffdave View Post
    I'll start out with a thank you to Jake for being our tour guide. We had a great time. My better half was still laughing even after coughing up the big mud ball!! The underground portion of the tour was especially unique although I have to admit to wondering Jake... how in the world would you get out of that spot if you got half way across and decided, "I'm not going to make it."?

We all should be praying for divine intervention with the "new toy/no trailer/with what do I haul it with without my wife killing me" dilemma that now perplexes Hiram. That might be his only hope and path to salvation!!

I can, however, live with his choice of machine. While it wasn't an Can-Am it at least isn't a Suzuki because from what I saw on our trip those things bottom out on acorns... LOL!
    I'm just surprised that a 6 foot 5 guy on a two-up Can Am actually fit in the tunnel without leaving a permanent gray streak on the culvert from his helmet.

Has anyone heard from Hiram . . . I'm thinking Medawisla might have killed him by now. Hiram . . . are you out there? Are you alive?

The Polaris 500 is actually a pretty nice machine . . . just not my choice since I'm pretty much a die-hard Honda ATV fan. Now about the Suzuki . . . Dave bottomed out so much because of . . . Connie . . . you know all that extra weight. Note to folks that don't know Dave or Connie . . . Connie is kind of vertically challenged and not what you would call very "beefy." Truth be told, Dave has the plow mount on his ATV . . . must have mistaken the frost warning from earlier this week for a blizzard warning or something along those lines.