Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: ATV Unity

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steverph View Post
    I was pretty far down on the winners list but I ended up with a couple quarts of oil and a can of WD40. Always good things to have in the garage. There were many prizes, most of which were awarded on the doorprize tickets instead of the poker hands so the prizes were spread around pretty well.

    BTW, why would you help somebody buy a Polaris? Yamaha is the way to go!

    Steve
    Actually while I am Honda red through and through . . . I did once ride a Grizzly and really liked the ride (very similar to Honda in terms of feeling as though I was riding a bit lower to the ground compared to Polaris and other ATVs I have ridden on in the past . . . but with the added comfort of IRS and an automatic transmission.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    753

    Wink oh where oh where did my Hiram go...

    Quote Originally Posted by bgrffdave View Post
    We all should be praying for divine intervention with the "new toy/no trailer/with what do I haul it with without my wife killing me" dilemma that now perplexes Hiram. That might be his only hope and path to salvation!!
    Aaron's only dead to me; he has even given up his video games! Now all he does is play with his new toy...
    All relationships are about give and take: He can get the Suby to tow if he takes the maintenance costs of the Suby, Give and Take...Though I don't think it'll be long before we trade it in for something with more clearance: We're having to change our camping plans just because we can't get into Wheel Barrel Pitch...But if we get a gas-guzzler again, then he's buying me a bike to take to work!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    He can get the Suby to tow if he takes the maintenance costs of the Suby
    Well yeah, but you wouldn't be with me when I have the ATV with me...


    I was thinkin instead of takin up space with a trailer and going through the hassle of a hitch and all, that I could probably pick up an S-10 for just as much as it would cost to get a trailer and hitch....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Has anyone heard from Hiram . . . I'm thinking Medawisla might have killed him by now. Hiram . . . are you out there? Are you alive?

    I'm still alive, and Dave is witness to me being out and about, so you know that this isn't stef typing trying to cover up the murder...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    and there were some discussions about mounting GPSs to the ATVs and the silencers too... Here's some links from Cabela's

    the mount
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...161&hasJS=true


    the silencer

    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...161&hasJS=true

    and this just looks like somethin dave would have... sorry, i don't think it's strong enough to hold up your 500...

    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...149&hasJS=true
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    47

    Default

    I can in fact vouch for the fact that our troublemaker Hiram is alive and well... although I can't vouch for how well.

    Did you happen to notice that both the GPS holder and gun mount linked to at Cabela's were RAM Mount products or made up of mostly their parts? I think I shared this info in another thread but I know Hiram NEEDS navigation equipment on that thing (among many other upgrades and "farkles") so here goes again...

    The RAM Mount page with ALL their kits and parts:
    http://www.ram-mount.com (they don't sell direct)
    A place that seems to stock ALL the RAM mount stuff:
    http://www.custommounts.com/

    That silencer product really interests me. I'd love to see one on a machine and hear what kind of a difference it makes. Noise is often the biggest complaint about recreational vehicles be they land or water... besides jerks who can't follow the rules and be courteous.
    How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    troublemaker!!?!? you've been talking to stef again haven't you!

    yeah, I need some navigation equipment alright... actually I just need to find it... (I currently have 3 units, somewhere in Maine...) but I was thinking of tryin out that silencer first, I'll tell ya what, if you buy it, I'll let you use my atv to try it out on.

    Quote Originally Posted by bgrffdave View Post
    I can in fact vouch for the fact that our troublemaker Hiram is alive and well... although I can't vouch for how well.

    Did you happen to notice that both the GPS holder and gun mount linked to at Cabela's were RAM Mount products or made up of mostly their parts? I think I shared this info in another thread but I know Hiram NEEDS navigation equipment on that thing (among many other upgrades and "farkles") so here goes again...

    The RAM Mount page with ALL their kits and parts:
    http://www.ram-mount.com (they don't sell direct)
    A place that seems to stock ALL the RAM mount stuff:
    http://www.custommounts.com/

    That silencer product really interests me. I'd love to see one on a machine and hear what kind of a difference it makes. Noise is often the biggest complaint about recreational vehicles be they land or water... besides jerks who can't follow the rules and be courteous.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    47

    Default

    I don't know if I could silence the big 800 too much... it sounds so good stock... not too loud, not too soft, just right.

    Based on what I've seen online of the silencer kit, plus the look of the rack frame on the back of your new toy, I think you've probably got the best machine to hang it on. Having/making a good spot to hang one of those where it wouldn't be blocking lights and just generally in the way would seem to be the biggest challenge.
    How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Aaron's only dead to me; he has even given up his video games! Now all he does is play with his new toy...
    All relationships are about give and take: He can get the Suby to tow if he takes the maintenance costs of the Suby, Give and Take...Though I don't think it'll be long before we trade it in for something with more clearance: We're having to change our camping plans just because we can't get into Wheel Barrel Pitch...But if we get a gas-guzzler again, then he's buying me a bike to take to work!
    Thank you for not killing Aaron Steph . . . for some reason I kinda like him . . . plus he does good work. Can I rent him out again some time? Incidentally, he occasionally has some good ideas (i.e. shingling the back porch with cedar shingles which I've started.)

    And don't worry . . . eventually the new-ness of the new toy will wear out and he will return to you . . . either that or he'll destroy it trying to climb some mountain or will forget where he parked it while out hunting or it will end up in a Goodwill box accidentally.

    Sounds like a good deal on the give-and-take with the Scooby's maintenance costs (of course you should suggest that buying and adding an XM or Sirius radio and paying the monthly access fee) is part of the regular maintenance . . . as well as weekly washing, waxing and vacuuming. Sorry Hiram.

    P.S. Forget waiting for Aaron to look at a SUV or pick-up . . . now is the time to guilt him into getting you a bike!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    . . .
    I was thinkin instead of takin up space with a trailer and going through the hassle of a hitch and all, that I could probably pick up an S-10 for just as much as it would cost to get a trailer and hitch....
    Oh boy . . . now I think you might be "pushing" it.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •