vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ATV Unity

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    and there were some discussions about mounting GPSs to the ATVs and the silencers too... Here's some links from Cabela's

the mount
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...161&hasJS=true

the silencer

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...161&hasJS=true

and this just looks like somethin dave would have... sorry, i don't think it's strong enough to hold up your 500...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...149&hasJS=true
    Thumbs up on the Ram mount for the GPS -- I have one and believe it's a fantastic product. You set it where you want it and it stays right there . . . until you loosen it up and reposition it.

On the silencers for the exhaust . . . I've been riding for a very, very long time and I have yet to see a single ATV that has had one of these mounted on it . . . I'm not sure how well they work.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by bgrffdave View Post
    I can in fact vouch for the fact that our troublemaker Hiram is alive and well... although I can't vouch for how well.

. . ..
    Shouldn't we be replacing the second "well" with "long."
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by bgrffdave View Post
    . . .
    That silencer product really interests me. I'd love to see one on a machine and hear what kind of a difference it makes. Noise is often the biggest complaint about recreational vehicles be they land or water... besides jerks who can't follow the rules and be courteous.
    Noise is definitely an issue . . . but I can tell you with a reasonable amount of confidence that most stock mufflers are acceptable to most folks. It's folks that buy the after-market stuff with the mistaken belief that loud = more power and more cool that leads to trouble. Since I live right on the Access Route I can say that most ATVs diddy bopping down the road at the posted 15 mph (or similar speed if you happen to have a Canadian ATV) are quieter than most lawn mowers and most folks pay little attention to them . . . however it's the loud exhausts and folks blasting up the road as if they're trying to achieve escape velocity in an attempt to reach the moon that leads to problems.

troublemaker!!?!? you've been talking to stef again haven't you!

yeah, I need some navigation equipment alright... actually I just need to find it... (I currently have 3 units, somewhere in Maine...) but I was thinking of tryin out that silencer first, I'll tell ya what, if you buy it, I'll let you use my atv to try it out on.
    My suggestion . . . ride your ATV for a bit and learn how it rides before you go out and start pimping it out. You may find the ATV is quieter than you think . . . or you may opt to buy the silencer. You may find you want a mirror so you can monitor who or what is behind you . . . or you may not. You may want to buy a winch . . . or you may find that for your riding style you are OK (or just make sure you ride with someone that does have a winch or carry a come-along.) You should however make a trip to Brown's and pick up a helmet (or two) -- for you that should be mandatory . . . in fact you might want to wear a helmet even when you're not riding the ATV.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    My suggestion . . . ride your ATV for a bit and learn how it rides before you go out and start pimping it out. You may find the ATV is quieter than you think . . . or you may opt to buy the silencer. You may find you want a mirror so you can monitor who or what is behind you . . . or you may not. You may want to buy a winch . . . or you may find that for your riding style you are OK (or just make sure you ride with someone that does have a winch or carry a come-along.) You should however make a trip to Brown's and pick up a helmet (or two) -- for you that should be mandatory . . . in fact you might want to wear a helmet even when you're not riding the ATV.
    haha, I can see it now... pimp your ride "maine atv" coming up in the next hour on mtv...

I was thinking of painting it in a black camo scheme and putting two of those silencers on it, and mounting a few large floodlights to the front of it...

and i won't need a winch, I'll need a chinook to hover nearby when I need pulled out...

and I think I'll only need one helmet for now...

but I think i found a pretty cheap dakota...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

d’76 Guest

haha, I can see it now... pimp your ride "maine atv" coming up in the next hour on mtv...

I was thinking of painting it in a black camo scheme and putting two of those silencers on it, and mounting a few large floodlights to the front of it...

and i won't need a winch, I'll need a chinook to hover nearby when I need pulled out...

and I think I'll only need one helmet for now...

but I think i found a pretty cheap dakota...
    Dont waste your money on a helmet. Thats the safest part on you

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Dont waste your money on a helmet. Thats the safest part on you
    actually, the helmet will probaly be one of the first investments, I've been riding motorcycles since I was about 8 and have gone through quite a few helmets, I've cracked and dented quite a few. If it wasn't for helmets, I'd probably be really screwed up today!

I really hate landing on my head, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

[quote=Hiram357;46657]I've been riding motorcycles since I was about 8 and have gone through quite a few helmets, I've cracked and dented quite a few.[quote=Hiram357;46657] Explains a lot.

d’76 Guest

I'm really screwed up today! .
    HUH.....

well... the new trailer hitch should be here in a few days... dave, tell connie I need a diversion long enough to get it on and pick up a trailer...