vb:literal>

Thread: GC4701 Horse Mnt.

Talking GC4701 Horse Mnt.

Hey folks!

A fellow geocacher, FJ Cruiser, and I decided to go after this 5 star cache. My brother joined in the adventure as well. No had discovered it in 3 years (the owner visited it 2 years ago). The route we took was a very difficult, steep climb through 3-4 ft of snow. It was insane and we had a blast! We didn't find the cache itself, but I sent a picture of where we thought it was to Msansanbi and he confirmed we'd found the right location. He said he'd get up there in a month or so and replace the cache, and we'll have to attempt it again in the summer when there's no snow! Thought you might enjoy pictures and notes. Check out the rest of Msansanbi's caches in the area.

GC4701 Horse Mnt.
    Photos

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpriest
    Hey folks!
    It was insane and we had a blast!
    Truncated quote...but this sounds like fun and the only thing crazier would be to do it during black-fly season. Sounds like a weekend trip to my native Presque Isle.

...at least in black fly season, you would have many little wings helping you up the mountain...

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    ...at least in black fly season, you would have many little wings helping you up the mountain...
    Or at least an incentive to find the cache and get out of the woods! LOL!

Thumbs up

Aye, no kidding! I think I'd rather deal with snow!!!