vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leatherman Geocoin

I got mine a couple of weeks ago and it's great.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

:di Ordered One Today.

Will ship yours tomorrow and I still have a few left!

Thank You I Recieved It Today. Looks Real Nice. But I Have One Question : He Was Only 33 Years Old Or Is That The Years He Walked The Circuit?

I think that's how old he was - he got cancer in his mouth and was found in one of his caves in NY. He is buried in a cemetery in Ossining, NY (and of course there is a cache there for him)

Default Leatherman

He ran the route for 33 years.

Here is a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leatherman_(vagabond)

Well folks - back by popular demand, I just made another 100 Leather Man geocoins. The link above no longer works so here is the story...

Leatherman once roamed SW Connecticut and SE New York from 1858 to 1889. He traveled a 365-mile loop between the Connecticut and Hudson rivers. Approximately every month he would repeat his journey. The man spoke primarily with grunts or gestures and dressed in crudely stitched leather from his hat to his shoes. The suit was made of soft-tanned calfskin leather and weighed about sixty pounds. He would sleep outside year-round mostly in caves around Connecticut and New York.

There are many geocaches at locations of Leatherman caves including one at his supposed tombstone in New York. I own two of them in Conncecticut and wanted to combine his interesting story with my first venture into creating a Geocoin.

The net result is the "Leather Man's Circuit Geocoin" which is a commemorative to this early geocacher. On the front is the Leather Man with his date of birth and death. On the back is a map of his ciruit, with a leather-texture background. These coins are trackable on GC.com with a unique icon.

I am asking $8 each plus S&H ($3.00 for 1-3, $4 for 4-5, e-mail for others). If you want some, please paypal me at KerryWills@aol.com.

Thanks
    Kerry