Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: ATV trail maps

  1. #1
    dí76 Guest

    Default ATV trail maps

    You know..... One would think that there would be trail maps online for ATV riding. I just spent 20 minutes looking for maps. Hiram and I want to ride tomorrow but are not sure where to go. We know that we want to stay somewhat local to bangor area, especially since it will be rainy. Its no wonder folks just take off through the woods.
    ]
    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    I have never ridden there, but I believe Hampden and Frankfort have some trails . . . you might want to check out ATVMaine.org and see if there are any on line maps or trail member contact info.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I have never ridden there, but I believe Hampden and Frankfort have some trails . . . you might want to check out ATVMaine.org and see if there are any on line maps or trail member contact info.
    they have trail information? I looked all over there site before and all I found was "look at our club" information, even the trails link takes you to more club information. Did I miss the maps somewhere??
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    25

    Default

    We recently rode out of the Airline Diner on the best trails we had ever been on, and we've been on a lot. You can park at the diner and ride from there I don't think it's too far a ride from Bangor, 30-40 min or so. We have tracks, but I'm not sure how to send them.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    they have trail information? I looked all over there site before and all I found was "look at our club" information, even the trails link takes you to more club information. Did I miss the maps somewhere??
    A lot of clubs don't have websites . . . but you can always contact the Trailmaster and see if they have maps or information on where to ride to, park, length of trails, etc.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    I forgot about another decent place for a half day or so of riding . . . Plymouth's Endless Seasons riders. They have parking right off I-95, good signage and the view from the hill overlooking the town of Plymouth is quite beautiful . . . you can then go down the hill and into town for gas and snacks at the store. They should have a website and be within easy striking distance of Bangor-ites . . . some folks might remember FFFarmer who was geocaching some . . . he is quite active with their club.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    You know, this might be a good project for "geocachers who ride ATV's" - make friends with your local ATV club and "sell" them your GPSr tracks to help them create maps. Free membership in exchange for tracks, perhaps?

  8. #8

    Default

    Once all the snow melts, i know there are some atv trails outside of Milford out on Studmill Rd. Never ridden them, but i know there are quite a few miles of trails that are kept up in pretty good condition.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    This thread was started back last year. I know since then, Dave1976, hiram357, firefighterjake and bgrffdave have all put some miles on their machines together. I think bgrffdave has been working on a mapping project for the ATV club he is a member of. For sure the ATVers will be back riding once snow melts.

    Until then the snow machines and winter camping will have to rule!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    This thread was started back last year. I know since then, Dave1976, hiram357, firefighterjake and bgrffdave have all put some miles on their machines together. I think bgrffdave has been working on a mapping project for the ATV club he is a member of. For sure the ATVers will be back riding once snow melts.

    Until then the snow machines and winter camping will have to rule!
    I for one have been standing on the deck every morning doing my part by spraying as many aerosol cans til empty to speed up the whole global warming thing as much as possible to melt some of this snow....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •