vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Cache Locations

Oh yeah - Brdad's "You Sank My Battleship" has to be one of the great ones in Maine. A classic!

Sheesh! We did this one over 4 years ago. Haffy & me in my car, The G Team in another... We had printed maps, radios, cell phones... We took 1/2 of Bangor and G Team took the other half. That was fun!

Smile Great caches

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Try my "Pickle Hill Overlook" cache, that I placed up above Flagstaff Lake. That's quite a nice location. Am I wrong to toot my own horn?....Don't toot your horn on Pickle Hill; you may attract an amorous Moose!
    I love the Pickle Hill Overlook cache! Not a bad drive, roads fine (if you don't take the wrong turn and end up at the gravel pit), fabulous views! I can't believe I'd never been down that road before. I had been by there in a kayak but not by land.

Basically, my favorites are woods caches, near water, peaceful, quiet spots with no muggles, not too hard to get to. Then the cache should be clean and dry, no soggy logbooks, no ripped and dirty bags, no trash. In other words, tended once in awhile.

Other favorites are: Molechunkamunk:Millbrook (micro); Caratunk Cache; Carrying Place Falls Cache; B52 Crash Site (no water, but nice); Mountain View Pond; Lily Bay Cache; and I loved Heald Stream Rails to Trails, it even had a moose to help us find the cache ; Jolly Roger; Rangeley Celebration; the Geo Zoo series; Wild Apple..... well, you get the idea. And Stonehouse Blues even though there was no water...
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

B-52 Crash Stash was a lot of fun. To imagine what those guys went through and survived, its a nice monument and very educational. I also love French's Mountain. The views of long pond are hard to beat, and the hike up is a lot of fun, but not overwhelming for the kids. Center Hill Cache in Mt. Blue State Park might just have the best view of fall leaves in the state. With Webb pond in the foreground and the Tumbledown range changing colors, that's about as pretty as you can get.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    B-52 Crash Stash was a lot of fun. To imagine what those guys went through and survived, its a nice monument and very educational. I also love French's Mountain. The views of long pond are hard to beat, and the hike up is a lot of fun, but not overwhelming for the kids. Center Hill Cache in Mt. Blue State Park might just have the best view of fall leaves in the state. With Webb pond in the foreground and the Tumbledown range changing colors, that's about as pretty as you can get.

French's Mountain is on my short list of fave caches, as well.

Default always changing....

My opinion on what makes a cache area a more worthy find, than another has changed over the past 4 years. I used to marvel at what I could find in my town, that I either didn't know about or were unaware it even existed. Today I have become more interested in caches that require some effort to find. Like the Moat Mountain Challenge/Red Ridge Trail caches. Or the Eustis Challenge, due to the variety of places and the fact that it requires you to paddle to some of them.

Mountains, streams, lakes and rivers, the caches that are really out in the woods, on trails that noone has been on in maybe a year. Making that final bushwhack of .25 to the find. The older caches that give you no child waypoints, so finding the parking and trailhead, either make you plan or figure out your best access. Challenge me, not just on the find, but on the whole thing. Find an area that has a few of these, and I'm there. Of coarse, I'll grab the guardrails along the way, as long as I can walk to them.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Taken in small Doses

I have only done 160 caches so I don't have a lot under my belt yet . The cache I enjoyed the most was Salt Bay Cache. It was a beautiful day, near the water, and a fairly long hike. I only did a couple caches that day. When I go for too many caches in a day I don't get to appreciate them as much.

I did enjoy the Face your fears cache just for the fun of having done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    French's Mountain is on my short list of fave caches, as well.

Thanks!!! That was my 1st cache hide and it is one of my favorite views as well. Used to go up there many years ago in my "Hippie Days" and you can only guess what we did there.....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Now there's an image - haffy as a hippie!

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Thanks!!! That was my 1st cache hide and it is one of my favorite views as well. Used to go up there many years ago in my "Hippie Days" and you can only guess what we did you there.....
    WAS THAT YOU!?

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Thanks!!! That was my 1st cache hide and it is one of my favorite views as well. Used to go up there many years ago in my "Hippie Days" and you can only guess what we did there.....
    I think I might have siezed some of the "evidence" when we went up
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?