vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Cache Locations

Question Favorite Cache Locations

I'm planning on focusing a feature in the November Newsletter on favorite cache locations and stories. This was spurred by a post by DFK. If you would like to share your stories about your favorite cache location, please do! If you'd like to voice your thoughts about what makes a great cache location, that's great too!

In September, the newsletter contained a feature around must-have cache characteristics, so I would like to focus this feature on cache locations and not other cache characteristics. Talk about the location you're brought to and why it's so enjoyable. Thanks so much!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

What is the deadline on this one - home from Eustis - woot - fond memories. Just a tad tired. You missed a wicked good event!

See our log entry for this cache. The way caching in Maine used to be.

Want an absolutely gorgeous location? Try this cache.

And, throwing modesty aside, I ask you to look at the latest log entry - Sep 19th - for this cache.

That's what makes a great cache...

Talking keep the thread going forever

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    What is the deadline on this one - home from Eustis - woot - fond memories. Just a tad tired. You missed a wicked good event!
    2nd to last Wednesday of October, so the 22nd.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Thumbs up out in the woods

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    See our log entry for this cache. The way caching in Maine used to be.

Want an absolutely gorgeous location? Try this cache.

And, throwing modesty aside, I ask you to look at the latest log entry - Sep 19th - for this cache.

That's what makes a great cache...

Thanks for the post! Many cachers enjoy the hikes through woods, across streams, or to great views...
    keep 'em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Thanks for the post! Many cachers enjoy the hikes through woods, across streams, or to great views...
    Sheesh! Three or four years ago, that's what geocaching was all about, and the GREAT hikes and GREAT views were what made geocaching in Maine special.

Well, I just turned 60, so I'm now OFFICIALLY old and out of touch. Grumpier, too...

Try my "Pickle Hill Overlook" cache, that I placed up above Flagstaff Lake. That's quite a nice location. Am I wrong to toot my own horn?....Don't toot your horn on Pickle Hill; you may attract an amorous Moose!

I thought about this for just a short time and came up with this one as probably one of my all time favorites....

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...7-cd23bf0191bc

Especially when the owners were with us that day and decided to have a big laugh and not HELP US in any way fashionable :eek Imagine looking for hockey pucks in the middle of nowhere. The final was absolutely georgeous though and worth every bit of blood ,sweat ,and tears to get it.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

DeathWish #1 by LaughingTerry (GCRCAJ) Will probably always be my all time favorite cache. This cache came early in my caching days, I did it in the early spring, with the water rushing over the falls. The challenge of just getting to the cache, then finding this well hidden cache as the water rushed by only a few feet away made this cache live up to it's name. I know these types of caches aren't for everyone, but for me they are my favorites.

Default Pickle Hill Overlook

No, you're not wrong at all. If you check my log, you'll find that this cache was our favorite of our as yet brief caching career. But we have done over 1300, so we certainly have a few to compare it to and it's number 1 for us!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Try my "Pickle Hill Overlook" cache, that I placed up above Flagstaff Lake. That's quite a nice location. Am I wrong to toot my own horn?....Don't toot your horn on Pickle Hill; you may attract an amorous Moose!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.