vb:literal>

Thread: Geocachers in the real world

Threaded View

Arrow Geocachers in the real world

One of the great characteristics of the geocachers I've met over the years is our eagerness to help others understand and experience geocaching. I thought we could start a thread that'd be about helping others. To find cacher volunteers to help when needed, to get ideas, to find those needing help, to get support when helping others, etc. Best of all to share stories.

Recently, one of our active cachers helped a lady from the Orono Land Trust to try and correct her coordinates as she's trying hard to introduce folks to their trails. She just didn’t know how to properly use her GPSr nor did the person trying to help her. Hopefully the cacher's new coordinates will be a bit better so folks can at least get close to the caches.

I know there's others who've done great work with Land Trusts, as well as other groups and individuals...please share.
    Last edited by Medawisla; 09-29-2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: typo
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods