vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team DeLorme Geocoins

I wonder if they will be at the local REI near here? That would be cool.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I wonder if they will be at the local REI near here? That would be cool.
    If you contact the store and ask, if DeLorme is coming to demo their new PN40 and teach their sales people you might have an inside idea.

Fingers crossed for you!

There appears to definitely be a connection with REI. Especially as far as the coins released in CA. Another went out last night - at a celebration for 5000 finds for workerofwood - and the caching journey last night for the 5000th sounded like fun.

Anyway - the cacher is an REI instructor. Haffy - get in touch with them - find out when DeLorme is coming down your way!

250 coins - 1 Maine, 3 California - 246 to go!
    Last edited by hollora; 10-30-2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spacing

Thanks I just might do that...

Another "found" in San Francisco - here tis - TB2NYTD. 245 left to go! This person logged they are hanging onto it until they find a cache which is "worthy". California coiners will be following this person for a long time.
    Last edited by hollora; 10-30-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: word was wrong and correction of data based on new post

A number of these coins have been released in CA and Chip has posted more information in the National Geocoin forums. Folks are finding them.

If anyone feels lucky you can enter to win in their drawing by following this link ~ http://www.delorme.com/geocaching/ Good luck!

Thank you very much Hollora, as always you are right on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    A number of these coins have been released in CA and Chip has posted more information in the National Geocoin forums. Folks are finding them.

If anyone feels lucky you can enter to win in their drawing by following this link ~ http://www.delorme.com/geocaching/ Good luck!
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

And the next announcement is that Team DeLorme is using Twitter to make announcements - read here at this link - http://twitter.com/delormegps

Seems I missed out on their visit to the local to me REI,they were there on the 29th. What a bummer,and I wanted so much to see the PN-40 in action too. Didn't know about the Twitter site and I even had a message on the Delorme forum blog which I hadn't visited for a couple of weeks telling me that they missed seeing me at the REI demo that they had in Pineville.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Seems I missed out on their visit to the local to me REI,they were there on the 29th. What a bummer,and I wanted so much to see the PN-40 in action too. Didn't know about the Twitter site and I even had a message on the Delorme forum blog which I hadn't visited for a couple of weeks telling me that they missed seeing me at the REI demo that they had in Pineville.
    I just found out about Twitter too - interesting place and Geocaching.com Jeremy and Lackeys are using it too. That's a bummer that you missed their visit. Did they drop any coins in the area? Some of the coins they drop they are just putting into the caches with no notes. Folks are just finding them.....