vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winter Caching

Hybrid View

Unhappy Winter Caching

Well the time is almost upon us. Listing the things that I worry about during winter (fuel prices, when in the heck is my pellet stove going to arrive, will my snowblower work, ect) I hate the thought of giving up my addiction for 4 months. OK, I admit it, I'm terrible at winter caching. I tried it a few times last year (with the near record snowfall) and gave it up as a bad job. I'm thinking of maybe trying GRC's, but I think that they will be buried by snowbanks. Any good ideas?
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Cool

FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    FLORIDA
    THATS SOUTH OF POTLAND, MASS. RIGHT?

Default be careful....

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    Well the time is almost upon us. Listing the things that I worry about during winter (fuel prices, when in the heck is my pellet stove going to arrive, will my snowblower work, ect) I hate the thought of giving up my addiction for 4 months. OK, I admit it, I'm terrible at winter caching. I tried it a few times last year (with the near record snowfall) and gave it up as a bad job. I'm thinking of maybe trying GRC's, but I think that they will be buried by snowbanks. Any good ideas?
    what you wish for. I have a cache in the Rockland area that right now is a park n grab, but last winter was literally under 25' of plowed snow. Just look for the "winter friendly" icon. You can pull a PQ of caches that display that icon. I have one for Maine and one for Vermont.

Plus it's a lot easier to use snowshoes during the winter....
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    In the winter I swap one addiction for another (geocaching for snowmobiling) . . . which works out well for me. When there isn't enough snow to go sledding I geocache on my free time . . . and when there is enough snow to go sledding I go sledding vs. digging through snowbanks (I do enough digging when I get the sled stuck.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    snowbanks (I do enough digging when I get the sled stuck.)

I got a winch I can sell you real cheap if you are interested to pull the sled out.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    I got a winch I can sell you real cheap if you are interested to pull the sled out.
    True story . . . my brother actually has a winch mounted to his very, very heavy Yamahahahaha four-stroke snowmobile. Of course when he gets that sled stuck it's really, really hard to get it unstuck.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    In the winter I swap one addiction for another (geocaching for snowmobiling) . . . which works out well for me. When there isn't enough snow to go sledding I geocache on my free time . . . and when there is enough snow to go sledding I go sledding vs. digging through snowbanks (I do enough digging when I get the sled stuck.)
    SOME WOULD CONTINUE THERE ADDICTION BY GOING TO MORE EVENTS

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    SOME WOULD CONTINUE THERE ADDICTION BY GOING TO MORE EVENTS
    I went to one this year . . . just no one else decided to come along . . . well almost no one else.

THERE IS A WINTER CACHING ARTICLE BY MAPACHI HERES THE LINK http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...9133#post39133 SOME GOOD INFO THERE.