vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winter Caching

Smile trade ice cream for hot chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    I'm thinking of maybe trying GRC's, but I think that they will be buried by snowbanks. Any good ideas?
    Caching in the winter can be fun-filled! Snowshoes help! There are caches that are winter accessable. Think of all the caches you did this past year that were more than 3 feet of the the ground, like in a tree. Getting to the location can sometimes be tricky, and that's why snowshoes would help. There are many of us who enjoy winter caching in groups, and camping, so keep your eyes peeled for posts about those...don't give up!

This is such a great topic idea, I'm going to save this link and the link to the article for the December newsletter, so keep adding ideas and thoughts!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Thinking about placing new caches ~ perhaps making the placement winter accessible would be very cool. Ah now, how to make a snowman that won't melt and figure out how to place a log in a button nose.....................

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Thinking about placing new caches ~ perhaps making the placement winter accessible would be very cool. Ah now, how to make a snowman that won't melt and figure out how to place a log in a button nose.....................
    Button nose??? Sheesh, haven't you ever heard of a "nano cache"? LOL!

Talking planning ahead......

any ideas for where we will cache after the WWWWWWWWWWWWW5 Event?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

All but one of my new 007 series caches are winter friendly. I had winter in mind when I placed them. That's easier to do in October, when its cold, then in July, when the bugs are biting!!

Default Winter

I put out my last cache of the season today. It's not published yet but it will be Maine Huts & Trails # 5. I marked it winter friendly but that will depend on whether we have 10 inches of snow or 10 feet. It doesn't need to be my last cache, but I've got to save some ideas and places for next year! And there's still lots of good caching time left between now and the first snowfall.... isn't there??????

PS Mapachi, will you take us all to Florida???
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Arrow planning WWWWWW after event

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    any ideas for where we will cache after the WWWWWWWWWWWWW5 Event?
    Discuss it here can't wait!
    Last edited by Medawisla; 10-19-2008 at 07:03 PM. Reason: forgot link
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

First making a snowman that wont melt is easy. I've made a few.

Second what is WWWWWWWWWWWWWW?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    First making a snowman that wont melt is easy. I've made a few.

Second what is WWWWWWWWWWWWWW?
    For the past 4 years, RULost2? and I have hosted a winter geocaching event in Winslow - near Waterville. We call it the Winslow Winter Weekend Waypoint Warrior Wingding - WWWWWW.

Look for WWWWWW5 in late February.

It's traditional to add as many WWWWWWWWWWWWWWs as you like!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.