vb:literal>

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Priceless

Oh, the sweet memories of downtown Athens...otherwise known as Cass's Corner!

Default Pictures in Gallery

Hiram asked for some pictures, so I have uploaded 6 pictures to Along The Way.

Default Time to Move On.

The amount of attention this little squabble has generated is far more then one could possibly imagine. But, the amount of thoughtful and supportive comments both in regular posts and in Private Posts suggests that I have friends here, good friends who want me to remain involved so I will.

The reason for my initial reaction stems in part from the fact that this was a computer generated exchange. You don't get to look the person in the eyes, see the body language, or get a sense from the tone of the post what's really going on. This to me was not about hurt feelings but more about a lack of respect. Personal comments about my chosen career written in the context of this exchange didn't set well with me. I won't take the time it might take to defend attorneys but there are many good things we do and I'm not one of the bad guys, trust me. Guess we all can stereotype from time to time.

In one of Bruce's posts he stated "I have no desire to see Dan leave...instead I wish he'd come back." Regardless of what any of you might think, I think that post is conciliatory enough to move ahead.

I would be remiss if I didn't make a few comments about how this little riff branched out into the thread about the organization, elections, etc. First of all, I learned that these type of problems have happened before. I suggest that if it's me, or if it's somebody else that posts something on this site that you feel is offensive, then PM the person making the post and keep it from becoming a polarizing issue. Sort it out privately. I bet Bruce would agree with me that if we had chatted directly this whole debate could have been avoided.

The second important point I'd like to make is that there are a whole bunch of very thoughtful folks on this site who offered both private and public counsel to help me move ahead. You folks know who you are and I thank each of you. I've only met a few of you and have only cached for a year, but it seems a lot of you enjoy my posts and my efforts to put a humorous post here every so often. When it's my time for me to pass, I guarantee that my sense of humor will be what most folks remember about me. I got it from my dad, my grandfather though a stern judge was a funny man. I'll try to not offend folks but if I do just PM me and that will be the end of it. My bloodline is full of comedians.

As for the organization, I guess it is correctly called a bulletin board at this time. I think it could become a whole bunch more. Cachers are motivated folks and with as many people that are listed as members here, the sky is the limit if this group wanted to do more then just exchange e-mails. While I have no desire to be a board member, there are issues and areas where I could be of help. ( Oh no, he's about to mention the fact that he's an attorney again!) And yes, I have a lot of experience in working for and with non-profits so if I can help, I will. While there is merit to retaining older board members, adding some new board members might bring new enthusiasm to the group as a whole. And if the 5 current members want to stay on , why not just add 5 more? If there's something in place that sets the number as 5, propose a change to the rule, put it up for a vote and add some new blood!

So I'll hang in there because it's the right thing to do. There's no winner or loser here and to the extent that this whole discussion may have provoked some serious thought as to where GeoMaine goes in the future, then some good may have come from it. Thanks again to all of you who offered a positive direction for me to follow. So now on with the war of Northern Aggression........
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Whoo Hoo he is back!!!! Wouldn't have expected anything less from you Dan and now time to move on. What a great site this is, is it not and if it weren't for the people who frequent this site it wouldn't be where it is today,the # 1 geocaching site in Maine...
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Exclamation

I, for one am glad that you are back!! i look forward to many more posts in the future from you. i do have to say that the above post, well lets just say well said.

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    Hiram asked for some pictures, so I have uploaded 6 pictures to Along The Way.
    Nice pictures! I wonder if those bottles contained original beam or if they just filled em with some new stuff cuz they were laying around empty...

Hows the rest of the trip going?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post

Hows the rest of the trip going?
    i believe they are back and went to an event and also placed another cache. busy man "ain't" he.

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    i believe they are back and went to an event and also placed another cache. busy man "ain't" he.

back already? huh... well, I did just realize the other day that october is pretty much over... I don't wear a watch and I only have a calender because it was free! So when it comes to me and time today could be any day... (heck, last year I actaully had to do the math to figure out how old I was... not kidding, you can ask stef about that one)

so in that case... how'd the rest of the trip go???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post

In one of Bruce's posts he stated "I have no desire to see Dan leave...instead I wish he'd come back." Regardless of what any of you might think, I think that post is conciliatory enough to move ahead.
    Welcome back, Dan. I have no personal animosity for you, and am glad you understand that. Show up at the WWWWWW5 event and I'll buy you a coke...

Yay Dan! I'm glad you changed your mind! Welcome back!