vb:literal>

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Priceless

"so in that case... how'd the rest of the trip go??"

Well Hiram, we hit the Beam factory mid-day of our last full day there. Then the rest of the day was tied up visiting quilt shops. We checked into our hotel for the last night and planned on caching in the morning. Came out to see a window smashed out of our rental car and our Garmin Nuvi stolen, the good ones were inside thank goodness.

Needless to say, no more caching as we had a bit to handle before our late morning flight.

That was not enough to ruin the trip, just a pain to deal with.

All in all 27 finds in 9 states, in just over 3 days. Lots of driving, but most of it was easy. Now we need to check out the next airfare special!!

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    "so in that case... how'd the rest of the trip go??"

Well Hiram, we hit the Beam factory mid-day of our last full day there. Then the rest of the day was tied up visiting quilt shops. We checked into our hotel for the last night and planned on caching in the morning. Came out to see a window smashed out of our rental car and our Garmin Nuvi stolen, the good ones were inside thank goodness.

Needless to say, no more caching as we had a bit to handle before our late morning flight.

That was not enough to ruin the trip, just a pain to deal with.

All in all 27 finds in 9 states, in just over 3 days. Lots of driving, but most of it was easy. Now we need to check out the next airfare special!!

geeeze! was it your nuvi or was it the rental nuvi??? that sounds like quite the ordeal, but at least you had the caching gps still and had a good time.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    I, for one am glad that you are back!! i look forward to many more posts in the future from you. i do have to say that the above post, well lets just say well said.
    Agreed. Welcome back.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    As for the organization, I guess it is correctly called a bulletin board at this time. I think it could become a whole bunch more. Cachers are motivated folks and with as many people that are listed as members here, the sky is the limit if this group wanted to do more then just exchange e-mails. While I have no desire to be a board member, there are issues and areas where I could be of help. ( Oh no, he's about to mention the fact that he's an attorney again!) And yes, I have a lot of experience in working for and with non-profits so if I can help, I will. While there is merit to retaining older board members, adding some new board members might bring new enthusiasm to the group as a whole. And if the 5 current members want to stay on , why not just add 5 more? If there's something in place that sets the number as 5, propose a change to the rule, put it up for a vote and add some new blood!
    Welcome back, Dan

The reason the board was set to 5 is so that basic decisions could be made in a timely manner, and that there would never be a tie.

I think the thing many members and possibly yourself are missing is that Geocaching Maine as a group doesn't need the board to get everything done or to have things done. IMO if you or any other member has an idea to help the group you have two primary options:

1. Start a thread promoting your idea to the membership. See if there is enough people interested in your idea and willing to help you to complete the task. If the board feels the need to give it's input, it will do so. If you want the board's input, you are free to ask. Odds are, the board members will participate in the discussion as individuals regardless.

2. Post a note to the board in the Feedback to board members area of the forum. This special section was set up so you can discuss ideas or issues with the 5 board members only. No other members will see your post. From there, you can discuss your ideas with the board and they will do their best to help you work out any details of seeing your idea through and presenting it to the membership. This technique allows you to basically be a 6th board member for your individual project. Members can and also have used this area for alerting the board to suspicious posts, spam, to ask us what we might currently be discussing, and more.

Don't wait for the board to come up with ideas that you already have! Don't wait for the board to realize what talents you posses that could benefit Geocaching Maine!

The Maine Geocaching Stats page I update on a regular basis - that was my idea, not the boards. I came up with the idea, and Rick made it possible for me to be able to upload the updated version when I need to. I have written several articles which required no board intervention other than to have them posted on the main page - Anatomy of a Great Cache Hide and Ammo Box Camouflage being the two most popular. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I would love to see other members contribute more to the articles and other site content. It is what you make it!

I am not trying to say the board has no purpose. But it has less purpose than all the members and their varying talents. The board is glad to help to the best of their abilities - just ask!
    Last edited by brdad; 10-29-2008 at 04:36 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."