vb:literal>

Thread: Benedict's Campground

Default Benedict's Campground

We made a stupid move today. I wonder if anyone else has ever done something like this.

We went to look for a cache that we had in our folder. It was called "Benedict's Campground". We search and search for it today. Then we came back to log it as "Not Found", but can not find that the cache ever existed. So evidentally it was removed. It is not even archived. Does anyone know what happened to this one. I know it is our fault for not checking the internet and making sure it was still there before we went. I know from now on I will check what is in our folder before we leave to make sure it still exist.

I guess the good thing is we don't have to log it as "Not Found" if it is no loger is listed. But we spent over 1/2 hour looking for this Ammo can that was not there. That was the real bummber of the whole deal.
    Blazing Troll

I found it. It was removed 12 October 2003. Man do I feel dumb. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...8-2f26631f5142

I don't know why they removed it. They gave no reason. It should have been left. Unless they no longer wanted to maintain it.
    Blazing Troll

I remember that being a decent walk in to that cache. If you look at the profile, the hider is from MN - so looks like a vacation cache.

I remember finding that cache too last summer and it was a good one. Maybe someone could put another one there.It does have some significant and historical meaning, also the place where Benedict Arnold had an encampment during his trek to Quebec.Sounds like a good spot for you to put another Rick don't you think or someone from that area,maybe Geochicks or Geomaniacs,what do you think?

Default Maybe I can

It's only about 1/2 mi from my house. I thought it was a neat place. Maybe I can take it over. I guess I would submit it as if new and explain the situation to the approver?

Smile

Maybe someone should email the owners of the former cache to see if they might be planning to put it back?

Maybe they spend part of the summer in Maine and plan to return each year and replace it while they're here. Who knows, they might be glad to have someone who could keep it going year round.

Quote Originally Posted by Geomaineiacs
    It's only about 1/2 mi from my house. I thought it was a neat place. Maybe I can take it over. I guess I would submit it as if new and explain the situation to the approver?
    No need to explain; it's been archived.

If it's been archived this long and the owners have not done anything with it or even posted a new note, I say let someone local who is better off to maintain it hide one there.