Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 81

Thread: Do you want to elect a new advisory board?

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    535

    Default

    I think WhereRWe and Dubord are the ones that need to work this out. An apology is a wonderful thing. Most of the time it clears the air and life can go on. There are times even when an apology can be given even when and if you think you did nothing wrong.

    I don't think there should be any posting along the lines of what someone else thinks about this whole thing. What is to be gained by that?

    It sure sounds to me like we are playing defense rather than trying to move on.

    Just my two cents worth.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orrington, Maine
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Well, folks, that was me. I just read the exchange of PM's that went back and forth and can assure everyone that this was not a matter between the Advisory Board and a member, and I do not believe anyone has to step down from the board. Sudonim did a great job (not surprisingly) a few posts back describing what can happen when two people get into an exchange of opinions in a forum or through PM's rather than face to face. One took offense at something posted, the other took offense at the reply and the race was on. But let us all remember that nobody ever, ever wins in a p...ing contest. Unfortunately, one of the parties has left this group over it but, like Andy, I truly respect his decision to do so. (pssst...I still hope he comes back).
    So, everyone, if I could have any wish today it would be that we move on to some other "hot topic" and leave this one behind. I think I'll go place a new cache. That always makes me feel good. Have a good week....!

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    I think WhereRWe and Dubord are the ones that need to work this out. An apology is a wonderful thing. Most of the time it clears the air and life can go on. There are times even when an apology can be given even when and if you think you did nothing wrong.

    I don't think there should be any posting along the lines of what someone else thinks about this whole thing. What is to be gained by that?

    It sure sounds to me like we are playing defense rather than trying to move on.

    Just my two cents worth.
    I agree with Gob-ler, and knowing he's been there before himself makes it worth more than two cents.

    This should be worked out between the parties involved. Any persons not involved do not know the entire story and should be careful passing judgment. As in most arguments, most likely both parties bear some of the burden of blame.

    The details of the confrontation have little to do with the subject of this thread and the upcoming poll. We should instead keep to productive discussion concerning that topic.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

    "The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    so with the petty elections out of the way, when do we start with the election that matters???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer, Maine
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    so with the petty elections out of the way, when do we start with the election that matters???
    The poll voting is from Monday November 10th to Nov. 25th. We don't have any "I voted today" stickers though...

  6. #76

    Default

    How About The Free Coffee? Thats Why I Voted

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    abbot me
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    How About The Free Coffee? Thats Why I Voted
    I wonder if all the money spent on advertising had instead been spent on buying everyone a cup of coffee ...what would the outcome have been.

  8. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    I wonder if all the money spent on advertising had instead been spent on buying everyone a cup of coffee ...what would the outcome have been.
    if all the money spent on advertising went to health care or the national debt then what issues would they have to run on.i would still want a free coffee
    Last edited by hide_from_the_kids; 11-05-2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: added word

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Augusta, Maine
    Posts
    815

    Default Can I vote?

    Can Canadians vote in this election?

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Can Canadians vote in this election?
    Yes, you can - I'll have my cousin Guido help you make an informed decision.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

    "The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •