vb:literal>

Thread: fisherman's festival

Default fisherman's festival

Fisherman's Festival is this weekend 4/23-26 in Boothbay Harbor. I have mentioned the festival in the description of my Fisherman's Memorial cache and wanted to let you all know when it was. Saturday is the better day to come--Cod Fish Races, Dory Bailing, Tug-o-war (which I will be doing for Sea Pier), crate races, trap hauling races and the fish fry at the co-op. I believe there will also be some vendors selling things downtown during the events and probably an art show or two? The Blessing of the Fleet will be on Sunday and that is held where my cache is, so that may not be the best time to search for that one!

Looks like the weather is going to be superb for the festival and for caching! Come enjoy Boothbay Harbor!

I always see clips of this event on the news after the fact. Boothbay gets pretty jammed up quickly during the summer so we never really went down there very often unless we had family visiting from away. Will the shops and all the tourist traps be open during this or will it be too early?
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Sounds like fun........time will tell what the weekend brings. Thanks for letting folks know.

There are a few things open, not many shops yet. A few restaurants. The co-op only opens for the fish fry and then has it's real opening memorial day weekend (I think). McSeagulls is always good for dinner and I'm sure there will be some entertainment this weekend.

Sounds like fun. There are a lot of caches of down there. I would love another excuse to put off my yardwork.
    KymeeJay

Quote Originally Posted by ltlindian View Post
    There are a few things open, not many shops yet. A few restaurants. The co-op only opens for the fish fry and then has it's real opening memorial day weekend (I think). McSeagulls is always good for dinner and I'm sure there will be some entertainment this weekend.

And if that isn't enough, you might score a serious find looking for one of Michelle's caches!

hahaha! Very funny!