We have many wonderful people among us ~ real workers for good things! What many of you may not know is our own chercacher and vic-biker have been working hard to establish a non-profit Foundation.

The main goal of the foundation is to “break the silence” of suicide, and “stop the stigma” about talking aloud about suicide and mental illness. By using education as a medium, they will bring awareness and through awareness we all can prevent suicide.

Although the foundation is starting out slowly by teaching adults, they have plans of expanding so that can work with youth as well.

A staggering fact is ~ Suicide is the second leading cause of death in the United States for young people between the ages of 15-24. Even more upsetting ~ The state of Maine has the highest rate of suicide in New England.

Cheryl and Vic have worked really hard to establish this as a 501C3 non-profit and their efforts are to be applauded. If you or anyone you know, would be open to training, could use training or would like to support this Foundation, please contact them. I am sure they would appreciate it.

And with that ~ they are holding their first fund raiser in Hollis Maine, t the Lions Club, Rt. 202 & 35, on Nov. 15th from 4:30 AM - 10 AM! It's, of course, a Hunter's Breakfast, with an all you can eat breakfast (yummie menu) and a raffle.

For more information you can email the foundation ~ thejdfoundation at yahoo dot com or of course PM Vic. If anyone would like a template of a poster for this event to print & put up - Vic and I both have one we could email you.

To me ~ this is a personal milestone for a family which has turned the healing of a tragic event into prevention for others. It is also another example of the wonderful people who communicate, share ideas and have fun on this website.

Thank you Cheryl and Vic! And thank you Attroll for the site!